AB Penthouse on the Dawn

judithdooley

I stayed in the AB and loved it--The second bedroom is small with 2 beds 1 being a bunk bed--The master bed room is outstanding as is the bathroom-

I would say it is ideal if you have 2 kids --I dont think 4 adults would be happy in that room -I also think the couch can be pulled out to make a bed

I have stayed in an AB on the Dawn 2 times.

The second bedroom is small and the couch does fold down to form a double bed. It also has no windows.

We really loved having the AB for our family (2 adults and 2 kids). The second time that we were in the AB was on the 2 night cruise and we had 4 adults. We stayed in the small bedroom and let our friends experience the master bedroom/bathroom.

I do not think that I would have liked being in the small bedroom for a week.

Now that is useful information. I was thinking of reserving an AB for a cruise with my sister and her husband.

No problem for me to use a small bedroom -- if I'm asleep, don't know the difference. And I usually sleep quite soundly on a ship. All that rocking puts me right out!!!

Some more info that I will add about the smaller AB bedroom.

If you do not mind having an inside cabin, the smaller bedroom will be fine. The closet is small but there are shelves and drawers. We put the suitcases under the bed. The bed is a bit hard, we asked for an egg crate and this helped. There is not much room when the bed is folded down. If two are sleeping on the fold down, one will need to climb over the other to get out of bed. My wife and I are both over 6 feet and we both fit. I did try out the bunk bed, it was very comfortable.

The bathroom seems to be standard but it does not have the door separating the toilet from the sink area.

We really loved the AB cabin both times. Enjoy:)

Hi,

We are about to go on the Gem 1/5 in an AB which is exactly the same as Dawn. We were in the AB on Dawn as well. We are traveling with 4. The small

cabin can sleep 3, the queen-sized bed,2, and you can get a rollaway.

We use the small cabin for 2, and get the rollaway because my mom and I prefer not to sleep together. we like it because everybody has some private space. See the link below to the great pics coutesy of Depping. This is Gem, but the room is the same.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=76

We've stayed in the AB several times and love them. Last time we let my son and his wife have the big bedroom and we took the small one. I slept in the pullout bed and my wife slept in the bunk bed. Wasn't bad. But i made the rule that I get to use the jacuzzi tub in the master bath. That's a must.

Archived