Just back from Costa...any kids questions?

abitaturbodog

Although my boys (10 and 11) have enjoyed all of the cruises they've been on, I think that from a kids club standpoint they made more friends on Carnival because all of the kids speak english. Carnival also has more scheduled kids activities. I found that for the pre-teen and teen on Costa, the kids club was less structured, with just a basic guideline of what they were going to do. Most of the time the kids just played in the pool together, snacked or did some sports.

One nice thing for teens is that the Disco is open for them up to 12 midnight and it was full of kids dancing. I also understand that they are not strict about letting them stay later in the Disco. So if your kids like to dance, they will love Costa's nightlife.

The food and service was excellent on Costa--way better than on any Carnival ship we've experienced. My boys definitely enjoyed the meals and gelato!

But if we're factoring in price...and Costa has a Kids Sail Free program....Costa will win, hands down!

Try visiting the Costa Forum and see if "Cruising Italian Style" is something that your family would enjoy. If so, then I'd go for it!

Archived