5/4 Pride Long Beach hotel and return flight question.

gwynavere

Hello All

We're on the 5/4 Pride and need guidance on hotels in the Long Beach area and at what time should we book our return flight if the arrival if our return to port is listed as 9? Also, what's fun in P.V.? Last time I did the Dolphin encounter. This time we're hoping for a beach activity.

Any guidance would be appreciated. We've had fantastic luck in the past with Cruise Critic suggestions.

Happy Trails

Gwyn

We're cruising on the Pride on Jan 20. I booked a room at the Guest House - because it has a free shuttle from the airport, and a shuttle to the pier. Looks nice, and our room was $100. There's a REALLY nice hotel (well, several I'm sure) that caters bot businessmen - meaning weekend rates are reduced, but it's a 4 star hote and you can get a room for $100 (normal rate $220). If you want - mail me, and then I'll have your e-mail, and I promise when we get back I'll let you know about the hotel situation.

I've also extensively researched PV, and from what I've come up with, you can pretty much get off the ship, and stroll over to the beach at any hotel. They want you to eat and drink at their hotel, and there's no charge to use their pool. At the Krystal resort (which is very close to the ship) they are famous for their amazing massages, which hubby and I have reservations for. (between us, 2 1/2 hours for $75)

Don't book a flight before noon when you leave. Doesn't mean you couldn't make it, but 1:00 is totally safe. (hubby works for United)

You can contact me at Annim@safe-t.net

JMHO, but if you are considering spending your pre cruise night on the Queen Mary, I would suggest you do a little more research. I would hate for anyone to start their vacation on a negative note. A tour of the QM, (while opting for early check-in, pre-cruise) might be a more pleasant experience.

JMHO, but if you are considering spending your pre cruise night on the Queen Mary, I would suggest you do a little more research. I would hate for anyone to start their vacation on a negative note. A tour of the QM, (while opting for early check-in, pre-cruise) might be a more pleasant experience.
I would have to agree on this, stayed on the QM before and will not be staying again.

I too would agree. I had planned on staying on the QM before our cruise. Then i read all the horrible reviews on tripadvisor.com so i booked the Westin on hotwire for about a hundred bucks.

I too would agree. I had planned on staying on the QM before our cruise. Then i read all the horrible reviews on tripadvisor.com so i booked the Westin on hotwire for about a hundred bucks.

WOW....I will look into that website and read the reviews. I was unaware that the QM had bad reviews. Thanks a million. I may be switching too.

You may want to check hotels on tripadvisor.com. This site has never steered me wrong.

Yeah, its a great website.

Just go with the 20% rule. 20% of people cannot be pleased. So when you look at ALL the reviews if they dont exceed 20% then its a good place. Anything over 20% and there could be issues.

In the QM case they were about 50 percent negative, some with pictures of the disrepair of the rooms.

I agree. I have found the individual ratings and pictures to be very valuable. There are times when the hotel's own site pictures must have been take a very long time before the ones visitors posted. Always good to get a current update.

Gwyn

Archived