Anyone done cave tubing with someone under 6?

misand

I was one who took my 6 1/2 year old on this trip... I personally think that 4 1/2 would be a bit too young. But it is really based on knowing your own child. This is the kind of trip that is a " no turning back" experience. It is a long car ride just to get there and then there is the walk to get to the river. We were with a group of 50 year olds plus and we were at the back of the pack with our son. He kept up... but he was not able to carry his own tube.. so DH had to carry 2.

Also, once in the water, it is probably about an hour before you get out of the water again... it was a bit chilly for DS... but not as bad for adults with a little meat on their bones.

When we were first searching for info for this excursion, there was a company who had a trip designed for younger children. I believe the company was x-treme. We opted not to do their excursion as it was a bit shorter time in the water ( they must enter the water where the cruise groups go and only go through one cave.. where we went with another private tour group and went through 2 caves).

In the end, it is really knowing your own child and asking the right questions of the tour operator before you book. ( you will have to go with a private tour as the ship tours require the children to be 12 years old)

took our kids on the COMBO- CAVE TOUR and Zip line in belize. our kids were 7/9 (B&G). kids loved the Tubes. & yr old was big enough, if ur concerned- U can have ur child lay on you- we saw some moms do that.

REMEMBER_ BUTT UP ( WE went in dry season)- u will know what I mean if u do this!:rolleyes:

Archived