Majesty Review (between hurricanes cruise)

mammallama

Hey guys... great pics Adam... me and chris are sittin at the internet cafe in nassau lookin at them... just got off the yellowbird party boat... got that has a suprise for helpin out with tour loads for the overstressed tour manager. She said we could go and have a great relaxing day. Went on the boat, blew my diet,(sorry mom) by havin a few rum pnches and then got to this little island and had some more rum punch,.... I was chillin for sure but not as bad as bubba on the party boat dad.... Talk to you in a few... Love Lauryn

[size=4][color=red]Looks like Mom & I are going to get to go and see "L" ![/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#ff0000][/color][/size]
Mini UpDate,

Lauryn called this afternoon from the ship. Said that the HR Rep that checks out the staff, had been following as she did her duties. After Karokie last night she came up to her and said it was one of the best sessions she had watched in a long time !!! "L" really needed that !!! Then the CD came and pulled her off to the side and told her "WAY TO GO" !!! That he has never had any member of his staff in 4 contracts get that high of a remark. So needless to say this lifted her spirits and pulled her out of the dumps some.

The week of Dec 13th the Monarch has a Texas resident special, so it looks like We will get to cruise this year ! It is the 4 day, Mon pm to Fri am, but what the heck we get to see "L" and have Christmas early ! A cat F1 is less than $300 pp ! So if ya'll can, we would really like to meet Lauryn's Gropies !:D

EW

[quote name='wallie5446']The week of Dec 13th the Monarch has a Texas resident special, so it looks like We will get to cruise this year ! [/QUOTE] Hmmm... my sister lives in Spring, Tx... does that qualify me? :)

Still working on those lottery numbers...

Frank

Wallie (and Lauryn)- Good job! If she can do those kind of things when she's down in the dumps, and do them [i]well[/i], that speaks volumes about her character. From the few visits we had with her, she appears to have the perfect personality for her position. I just [i]knew[/i] there was something special about her!
Lauryn-- [img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_109.gif[/img] Wallie--[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_2.gif[/img]

[quote name='sdouglas']
Better yet, let's head to the Monarch---we can all be Lauryn's groupies....:D
[/QUOTE]Love that idea!

Wallie--Please, please, please bring your little girl a picture of Fluffy! A BIG picture! Maybe Mom and Dad holding the cat? ;)
[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_21.gif[/img]

Guess what I did late last night....went ahead and booked the next one. We're gonna take over the Sovereign in Jan right after the complete reno. Just another quickie but hey the price is definately right and nothing like being on a new, or well "like-new" ship! Then today I found out an old friend has been transfered to the Navigator cruise staff and she told me I HAVE to come and stay with her since she will be back in FL. And if im I join the "L-groupies" who knows it could be a busy few months! Im fine with all that travel...just hope my wallet and boss are... I know ill stop drinking for a few months and I'll be rollin in dough;) ! HA HA right, lets see me not have any drinks...that wont last long!

Alright guys yall are funny.... Adam.... you not drink? Common dont go crazy or anything.. 2 days to go and Im off! Already packed so Im all set. Last night was a HORRIBLE night!!!!!!! Even the crew was getting sick cause of all the movement. I was ok after I...(gulp)....got a shot in the butt! 20 minutes and I was good to go. The dancers in the show had a time performing that was for sure, and even though I wasnt sick, it was still hard to run the spotlights and keep them steady! We are in Nassau today and it has been raining periodically so the pool party is more than likely going to be moved inside to the Paint Your Wagon Lounge. So Dancing Under the Stars is now AKA Dancing Under the Stairs. hahaha... Looks like its gonna be another rough ride tonight all the way to Key West. Gotta go take a nap cause Im exhausted. Talk to guys soon or maybe even see yall soon!!! Lata!

Wallie, here is a question for L since nobody seems to be willing to provide the answer. Where exactly is the brig on the ship? How secure is it? Do they charge passengers extra who are locked in the brig? What do they feed them and do they still get to order off then menu?

Just curious! :)

The "BRIG" is not really like a jail but more of just a confinement to cabin. They always have a totally empty cabin, no nothing inside where they can contain someone if necessary. They put one of the security guards outside and thats about it. They stay until we get to our next port where they are released and told to get themselves home on their own expense. If it is for a crime committed then we have to wait to get back to the US and then release them into the local authorities. Hope that helped.... GUESS WHAT GUYS? I LEAVE IN THE MORNING!!! YEA!!! EVERYONE WISH ME LUCK THAT I DONT GET SICK ON THE 20PERSON PROP PLANE THAT I HAVE TO FLY ON!!! SEE YALL SOON!!!!

LAURYN

In your time on the Majesty have you seen anyone actually go 'In the Brig"? I could have pointed to a few that should have been! [img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_112.gif[/img]
Good luck on your new assignment. As you have read, someone suggested that we all become "L-groupies". Gee, of enough of us sailed with you, and often enough, you'd start to feel like you were home!
[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_1_11.gif[/img]

"L" Groupies,
She just called and is at the Key West Airport and her flight to Atlanta leaves in 45 min's. There were a group from the Oceans Adv Prog that rented a car so she wound'nt have to get a cab, and took her to lunch also :) .

Frank,
Right before she left she got a copy of the email you sent, she teared up !
She did not know this, but when a crew member gets a good comment sent in to home offic, they are given a scratch off card for diff things they can win !:)
Because of your kind words she got a nice case to carry her passport and stuff in, and is entered in a drawing that is held 1 time a month for more goodies. This was her 2nd time this month to get one of these ! So as she continues on her great adventure she will carry with her a memory in her thoughts and hand !:D

I know she will try and stay in touch with this special group of new friends, and I too will keep ya'll updated.

EW

She deserved every word of it too. :) I admit I don't often send in letters of commendation and thanks (thank you Stephen for the e-mail address :) ) - not because I'm hard to please, but it seems it's harder and harder to find people who deserve it. Glad she got recognized for it... hope she gets some more good stuff!

Give her a big hug for us groupies, and let me know when/if she heads back towards the Bahamas/Caribbean for next year. Lottery numbers havent come in yet, so doesnt look like a Monarch sailing this year, but definitely want to hit the (hopefully hurricane-free ;) ) high seas again next year.

Frank,
off to find his Monopoly "Get Outta Jail Free" cards... just in case ;)

[img]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon1.gif[/img] [b]Good Morning Groupies ![/b]
UpDate,
Got the call at 1:47 [size=4][color=red]AM[size=2][color=black] Dallas time that "L" had finally made it to the hotel in LA !:eek: Dont know if it was the HR person on Majesty that messed up or just whom it was but ,,, there was no one to meet her at the gate as planned ! She got her luggage and headed out to the curb area and once again, no one there ! She finally asked a cabie if he knew where the Hotel was that RCI crew stay while waiting to go to the ship. Luckley he said no problem you come with me and I will take you there. (Cab rides in LA must be the most expensive in the country, $25 for a 5 mile ride) Got to the hotel and once again she was not on their list ! But she did keep her letter of employ for the Monarch handie so they accepted that and did not make her pay for the room.[/color][/size][/color][/size]
West coast time she was on a plane and in airports from 2:00 pm to 11:30 pm and has to be up and on the shuttle at 8:30 am to get to the port and sign on Monarch. Her old boss gave her a job review just before she left Majesty, and gave her a needs improvement cause she was late for a tour assignment in her '1st WEEK' This will follow her for another 90 days now !
Anyway, she has made the next step in finding out about the Corp world. And [size=4][color=red]THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES !:)[/color][/size]
[size=4][color=red]She will post as soon as she gets settled. [/color][/size]

[color=sienna]The Great State Fair of Texas starts today, have a great weekend ![/color]
[color=#a0522d][/color]
[color=black]EW[/color]

Hey "L" Groupies,

I'm putting this here cause I know that "L" will ck in with ya'll before she ck's anywhere else !

[img]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon11.gif[/img] [b]For Wallie5446[/b]
EW,

What is your daughters name. We have a group of 67 going on the Monarch October 25, 2004. She can't miss us as we are all red hatters.

Would love to meet her.

Hi Everybody!!

I am so enjoying reading this thread. It is so great to actually get an "insider/behind the scenes" account of what it is like to work on a cruise ship. (It sounds very hectic!!) Lauryn - you mentioned in an earlier post something about working the lights during the shows on Majesty. Is that also part of the cruise directors staffs' duties!!! Do the CD staff on other ships do things like that or is it just something that goes on on the Majesty?? (When do you guys get time to yourselves?!?)

I can't wait to read your first post from onboard the Monarch!!

Hope you have nothing but smooth sailing from here on out!
Amy:)

reunion cruise... yeah lets do it! we actually kinda are on the sovereign this jan. there are 3 people I met on the Majesty joining me for the sovereign. And we are so excited! Check this post out...

Re-Sovereign dining reno:

The head waiter told us last night they are ripping out the windjammer and redoing the whole thing. Adding a Johnny Rockets, and what sounded like a specialty dinning room. sounded like Johnny Rockets will be up on deck 12, the mast bar. They are also redoing the mess. They expect to be in dry dock for one week and as he called it wet dock for two.

It was a great cruise we had a blast!

:D

Archived