Majesty Review (between hurricanes cruise)

mammallama

Morning All,

Just a quick note as I got's to get the yard finished so we can head back out to the Ballpark, [color=red]Rangers are back to 2 out ![/color]
[color=blue]Mini Mini UpDate,[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Lauryn call last night as they were leavin Ensanada [/color][size=1][color=black]<sp>[size=2][color=blue] and she had 3 quick words, " I LIKE IT "[/color][/size][/color][/size]

[color=black]More later, EW[/color]

{Please say she was referring to the Monarch :D as opposed to Ensenada :eek: }

Yes, She did mean the ship !:D But it was the overall situation, much more business like and enjoyable. She is set to call around 10 -11 in the morning. We will get all caught up then.

EW

Morning All Groupies !

"L" called late last night as they were leaving LA headed to SD. She did not have a lot of time so it was more how are ya, good, OK, got to run, kinda call. Hopefuly she will have more time today so we can get caught up. She did say it was hard getting used to wearing the 'Dress' blues that this Capt requires.

The jackpot bingo payout for the 3 day w/end cruise was around $7000.:eek: And she said it was normally higher for the 4 day during the week.

Later, EW

Jacket, skirt, white blouse, and the little tie thingie, and the dreaded pump low heal shoes:eek: ! Very prim and propper:eek: ! Now ya'll have met the Kid, can you picture her all prim & propper & dressed like a ships officer instead of a wind blown pool party hostess:D .

EW

Here is a post from someone on "L"s 1st time out this weekend.

{EW - I was 1 number off the 7,000. It was 4,500 at the 11:00 bingo. A lot of people played bingo both times. I didn't get to actually speak to Lauren as she was extremely busy at bingo both times. She's cute and very friendly had got lots of laughs since she had to "run" the numbers and she had to keep going upstairs she was cracking jokes the whole way. Good job on raising such a wonderful young lady}

We will have to get a pic for sure !

EW

OK guys yall have enough on here for me to be busy writin for a month!!! Im sorry I havent gotten to get onto the boards in a while but I have never been so busy in my life! This ship moves in a much faster pace than the Majesty and seems to have lots more activities to handle. The ship is beautiful and if you get onboard its a total differnet feel. The Majesty is doing the same thing soon though so itll be just as nice. The crew here is not as sociable as the Maj and that might take a little getting used to. Nobody goes to the backdeck at night cause its too cold!!!! Never expected that at all but I have to wear pants and a sweater at night and grab a cup of coffee instead of a beer!!! Im sure Adam cant see that one happening! hehehe... We do have the Seattles Best coffee place in the Centrum that is kinda like a Starbucks with less options. So for the first time since I have been on either ship, my bar bill that is anything I purchase, was under 20 dollars!! OH MY GOSH was I excited! One time to the sushi bar, 2 beers, and the rest coffee! NO ESPRESSO though! San Diego is beautiful except for the trolly tries to run you over every time you get into the street. Got a great manicure and pedicure for super cheap and saw a Nordstroms that I had to go into .. you know me miss shop a holic! So I go in and this dress started glowing, first on sell and then, looked beautiful. Plain black formal that the capitan said he prefers. Something plain and elegant. The whole ship in general seems alot more elegant and much more plesant to work in. The guests were all happy and I got to have so much fun with them all. BINGO is a blast onboard and we play in the theater so we have enough room! Couldnt believe that. Going from a ship where the highest payout is maybe 200 bucks on the consalation black out game to a ship where the smallest payout is 270 to 300 is totally crazy. Meeting great people all over the place and we have our first crew bingo and afterparty after that so hopefully I will meet more. I will try to stay more connected with you guys but in the meantime I need some suggestions for the BEST HALLOWEEN COSTUME ever so I can win 1000 dollars and a free cruise for 2.... so help me out here guys! Love yall all and talk to you soon!!!

Lauryn

This one is from one of the DFW M&M folks;

Anyway, costume ideas for you. There is always the old standards of a Mermaid or deep sea diver (with full diving helmet) but, I had an idea that might be funny. Do you remember Ginger's "minnow" dress from Gilligan's Island? It was a white dress with the word "Minnow" on it which implied that it was made from either a ship tarp or a sail. Very distinctive and anyone who knows the show will immediately get the joke. That with a red wig might get you some attention!

Neal

Go to pg # 5 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=45053

Later,

Morning Lauryn! I see you're on here early this am. Racking my brains for a costume for ya. I'll post when I come up with something clever. So you like the Monarch? Glad to hear it. Sounds like they are keeping you busy. The "L-groupies" are thinking of a reunion cruise. We may see you around again! Take care and behave! :p

Always behavin' .... went out to lunch with a really cute coast guard today in LA..

ha had come up to me during sail away last week and just chattin with me then handed his business card over... tall brown hair, hazel eyes, about 6''3, 200 lbs, totally just a good ole laid back guy. He does know that I have a boyfriend at home and respects that. We just had a great time drivin round hollywood and up Long beach. Kinda cold so we couldnt swim there so we went to his place and went into the heated pool. Hope you guys get to come on a cruise. Look at November 29th cause thats when my parents are coming. LIke I said this ship is kinda boring as far as the crew activities are going so I organized my first party for all crew and hope it will turn out as good as the majesty parties. Its and eskimo party.... THat might help a little since our nights are really chilly and we are outside for the party maybe more people will come if they have to bundle up like eskimos... Gotta run to the first bingo sessiion of this cruise... see you guys later!!1

c'mon guys, weve been slacking on this thread... where are the "L" updates? ive read a few bad posts on the monach lately... lets get an insiders perspective... :D

ps- hope all my majesty buddies are doing well!

icon1.gifUpDate on why No UpDates !

It seems that the old statement about the cruise lines reading the different boards is after all TRUE !

"L" has been informed that she is not allowed by "Co Policy" to do such:eek: .

[ie: post to a forum like this, about her experiences on ship {she did not get in large trouble} she was told to stop !]

So you all will just have to get it second hand from me. She is very tired, but likes the Monarch very much. Hopefully Dana & I will make it out to LA the week after Thanksgiving to cruise with Her.

Later,

EW

Boo Boo- We want Lauryn. We want Lauryn. I wonder if they really read the boards or if they have access to see where she has been on the computer.

If the cruise lines were smart- a good deal for buisness, they would allow an employee a journal on the internet.

Anyway- If your reading this Lauryn- Hope you are having great time and enjoying the new destinations- I know you made our cruise a lot of fun!!

Hi to all our fellow 06Sep Majesty cruisers from the Colorado contingent.

We're shooting for the Rhapsody next May:rolleyes: , if anyone is interested.

Wallie, give "L" our best. Is she still thinking of transferring to the Rhapsody next year some time?

Stephen and Ron

Enjoy your cruise, Wallie... wish we could join ya, but alas, vacation time for the year is running on empty... :( (and so are the winning lottery numbers)

Hopefully we can all get together next year sometime :) Let us know who's doing what when ;) Don't know about doing the Rhapsody, Stephen, might have to do a shorter sailing - but you never know...

Give "L" our best!

Frank & Di

Archived