Sunset Beach Resort Day Pass for Non-Cruisers

HMbrink

Does anyone know if Sunset Beach Resort will offer a day pass to a non-cruiser? The same week we are cruising, my parents are going to be staying at the Grand Lido Braca resort, which is about 30-40 minutes from Montego Bay. Although their resort is all-inclusive, the wouldn't mind buying a day pass at Sunset Beach so they can spend time with us. We can't go to their resort because they don't allow one-year olds.

Also, I'm a bit worried about their leaving their resort to come meet us. Everything I've ever heard about Jamaica was once you got to your resort, stay there! Does anyone know of a "safe" transportation service?

Thanks!!

I called Sunset Beach Resort for more info. before we decided to go there in November. They said cruisers are charged $20 and non-cruisers are charged $45. Their phone number is 1-800-261-5013. If you use a gov't approved JUTA taxi with the red license plates, you should be okay.:) These guys are pretty honest. It's the non gov't approved taxi's that drive you off to the way out of the way places to buy stuff from their friends. They usually get paid for it too. There isn't any real danger, it's just irritating since your time is so limited. But if you use the gov't approved JUTA taxi's, there shouldn't be any problems. They will take you right where you want to go. Many cruisers have reported using them to go to Sunset and they had good experiences. We plan on using a JUTA taxi to get to Sunset ourselves in November.

If you have more questions, their web address is www.sunsetbeachresort.com. And you'll find lots of useful info. at www.montego-bay-jamaica.com. It is the official visitor's guide to Montego Bay. I've went there several times and found the site very useful. I just hope Ivan didn't ravage the area too badly.:(

One other thing you might check into would be hotel shuttles. I know the Sunset Beach Resort offers shuttle service to it's guests. Your parents might check with the resort they are staying at and see if it offers shuttle service. Since this would be a 30-40 minute drive, a taxi might be a little costly. So if I were you, I would have my parents check to see if their hotel offers a shuttle first. It might be the better choice moneywise.

• 4 years later...

Those rates are realy old! I've been going there for a few years now and the rates are higher. They are $60\adults and $30\children for ship. For nonship it is $80\adult and $40\children. Thay now have a waterpark and did alot of work on the property. It's realy beautiful. Other hotels in Montego Bay charge alot more, some $120 for adults and they dont have the waterpark.

Those rates are realy old! I've been going there for a few years now and the rates are higher. They are $60\adults and $30\children for ship. For nonship it is $80\adult and $40\children. Thay now have a waterpark and did alot of work on the property. It's realy beautiful. Other hotels in Montego Bay charge alot more, some $120 for adults and they dont have the waterpark.

Thanks for the update... funny you should post it yesterday when I checked it today and the last quote was years ago! That's about right for the prices... sad, but true. Hope it's still just $30 for kids, I'd heard $40, which I think is a lot for a 3 year old and an 8 year old... but I'm always down for a private clean beach, drinks, good food and a great atmosphere... Sunset Beach has one of the best atmospheres from all the pics my sister and her hub took... I can't wait -- we leave Sunday!

Hi,

I have to decide what to do in Ocho. I am looking at Sandles for the day, at a rate of $119 per person. Drinks and food included, along with transportation.

Then there is Sunset Beach.

Can anyone give me the pros and cons to each if you know? Like how long it takes to get to Sandles vs. Sunset? Food/drinks?

Thanks so much.

Archived