A Tale of Two Cities

kokobean

I am looking at doing an excursion through RCC - A Tale of Two Cities - has anyone done this before? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. It looks interesting to see both Altun Ha and Belize City. I will be doing this with my 78 year old mother, 17 year old son and his 18 year old friend. I have chosen this to be of interest to my mother as we are talking about doing the catamaran sail in Cozumel. It is hard to find excursions to meet the wants of both generations!

Kokobean

We just returned from a cruise that included Belize and did the Tale of 2 cities with my 78 year old mother, DH and 2 DS ages 22 and 19 yrs. We all very much enjoyed the tour. Our guide, Marisol, was extremely knowledge and gave lots of fascinating information on the city, the country of Belize as well as the Mayans and the ruins. I would highly recommend it for the wide range of ages. It is a long bus ride and goes over the stated time. We met in the theatre at 7:45 am and did not return to the ship until 3:00 pm, so would recommend bringing some snacks as well as extra water- they give you one bottle at the ruins. There are some snacks like chips and drinks available for purchase at the ruin site. Even in late Dec it was very hot and humid, although not unbearably so. Hope you enjoy it.

Cruisepucks

Hi,

We brought some bug spray (a small spray can) I believe, but never needed it at all. We went in late December; perhaps the insects are more active at other times of the year or if it has recently rained.

We always bring a small backpack with a few things in it - H20, sunscreen (small tubes), bug spray, small 1st aid kit (really small - wallet size), camera and equipment, etc. - that sort of thing. We both have small sling packs, too, so we can share the load, not that what we take is heavy at all. (These just go over one shoulder and are very handy.)

If you do this, tossing in a small can of insect repellent is no inconvenience at all. Even smaller are the little squeeze bottles of insect repellent. Given that some of the insects in the tropics can transmit interesting reminders, we seldom go ashore without the repellent.

If you hunt around and find a little case for 1st aid, small tubes of sunscreen and bug spray, then carrying them is really no issue at all. Even a small fanny/waist belt pack would be suitable.

My long-ish $0.02 on the topic.

Have a good trip.

Cruisepucks :cool:

Archived