Kids' fares

jerblu

For the most part, they are the same price. If you can get a room for all 4 of you, you might be able to get reduced prices on them as the 3rd and 4th passengers.

My 3 and 7 year old will be cruising with us in March. They are so excited! (We have two rooms - Daddy and son, Mommy and daughter.)

There are no "kids fares". Fares are based on 1st and 2nd passenger and 3rd and 4th passenger. 3rd and 4th are reduced, but it will not matter if those people are adults or children. And often, 3rd and 4th passenger rates are the same across categories.

There is no easy answer to this but I'll try. ;)

Disney has a reduced rate for kids. But you will pay more for the adults in the cabin. So it negates the savings.

Almost every ther cruiseline charges the same for adults (a 3rd/4th person rate) as for the children.

BUT, sometimes RCCL will have a $99 special for the 3rd/4th person in the cabin.

And Carnival prices are so discounted that you can sail the whole family for a pretty cheap price.

Costa sometimes advertises "Kids Sail Free"....but people have also complained here about Costa ships, but I don't know. I haven't done them.

The easiest way to do it is to go to a booking site (like expedia) and type in the time frame you want to go and the number of people in your family....then hit "Sort by Price"

Usually the first ships to pop up are Carnival, followed by RCCL, then NCL, then Disney.

Costa has the kids sail free on most Caribbean sailings from fall to early spring, we just booked a 7 night cruise leaving on March 1st. and will be taking our 11 month old and 3 1/2 year old with us. Compared to other lines this was the best deal for our family. I have seen mixed reviews about Costa but nothing that would deter us from trying them.

Check out the Costa board now that the Caribbean season has begun. The reviews are GREAT!

We just came back from an amazing week on Costa. In the car on the ride home, we cancelled our upcoming Carnival cruise and re-booked with Costa!

We've taken advantage of the kids sail free program both times. All you pay is $54 tax/port charge for the child. If they're under 14 you don't even pay tips for them.

I think another great deal is when RCCL runs their $99 for 3/4 person rate. They only do this once or maybe twice a year, but it's a huge savings too.

We seen the Costa and RCCL kids sales.

But nothing on the carnival.

Most lines look at not as kids but 3rd and 4th person.

I have had 3 different friends go on Costa on 3 different ships. They

were not happy with them. Compared to CCL and RCCL.

Archived