Zip Line Excursion???

b&hluv2cruise

My only recommendation is don't miss this excursion! My husband and I went last January on FOS - this was one of the highlights of our cruise!!! We grouped up with several people including a grandma celebrating her 82nd birthday. None of her family would go with her, so we adopted her! She had a blast and afterwards our group bought her a "I Survived the Original Canopy TOur" t-shirt! Definately will be repeating this on our next cruise in July!

• 1 month later...

We're going to be on the FOS this March and just signed up for the Chukka Canopy Experience through RC. I couldn't find a similar adventure via any of the independent tour providers. Anyway, does anyone know what time you get back to the ship? We signed up for the 9:30 a.m. departure time, and would really like to get to Dunn's River Falls in the afternoon. Thanks so much for your help! :)

We're going to be on the FOS this March and just signed up for the Chukka Canopy Experience through RC. I couldn't find a similar adventure via any of the independent tour providers. Anyway, does anyone know what time you get back to the ship? We signed up for the 9:30 a.m. departure time, and would really like to get to Dunn's River Falls in the afternoon. Thanks so much for your help! :)

Me and my fiance (will be husband by then :D ) are going on the RC Chukka Canopy one too. We want to go to Dunn's Falls as well. Perhaps we can meet up. :)

I'm glad there is so much feedback!! So are there several zip lines or one line several times?

Does anyone know how far apart the zip lines are from the falls? Also, anyone do the Carnival Conquest-run zip line excursion?

Thanks again!

We just got back from doing the ziplines through Carnival on the Imagination and it was the highlight of our trip. I researched the private tours and the one through Carnival and the tour through Carnival blew the others away, just by the amount of ziplines you do. Our tour had 7 ziplines with an extra little one and then a repel one. I'm not sure how far you are from the falls but I was pretty exhausted after doing the ziplines, so there was no way that we would have been able to do the falls as well.:o

We're doing the Chukka Canopy Tour on the RC March 2nd cruise too. We're not trying to see the Falls after, but am hoping to be able to spend a little time in Montego Bay just walking around. I'm a little nervous about it, but it sounds like a lot of fun, and a once in a lifetime experience!

My biggest question now is what to try to carry in our fanny packs. Will we need food and water with us?

Sounds like we'll see a few of you there!

-Tami and Jeff (Keller, TX)

We just got back from doing the ziplines through Carnival on the Imagination and it was the highlight of our trip. I researched the private tours and the one through Carnival and the tour through Carnival blew the others away, just by the amount of ziplines you do. Our tour had 7 ziplines with an extra little one and then a repel one. I'm not sure how far you are from the falls but I was pretty exhausted after doing the ziplines, so there was no way that we would have been able to do the falls as well.:o

Charming: How tough was the uphill hike? The website says it's 30 minutes of uphill walking.

Thanks

Charming: How tough was the uphill hike? The website says it's 30 minutes of uphill walking.

Thanks

On our tour it was about 15-20 minute down hill walking and then at the end it was an easy straight walk for about 15 minutes. The downhill walk was pretty rough, as there are a ton of rocks and tree limbs to step around but they have homemade steps and a rope to hang onto. I didn't do much looking around when I was walking down because I was trying to concentrate on where my feet were going. I'm a little bit of a klutz though, so that is why I have to pay attention so much.:o

Does anyone know how long(time wise) the chukka zip line is in Ocho Rios? The time RC has is 4 1/2 hours- but how long are you actually zip lining??

I would say that with the drive, the drinks at the end and the stop at the farm to see your pictures and grabbing a drink, our tour was about 3 and a half hours. It seemed like we were doing the zip lining for a little over 2 hours. It was the most exciting tour ever and our bus driver was very informative and funny.

We're doing the Chukka Canopy Tour on the RC March 2nd cruise too. We're not trying to see the Falls after, but am hoping to be able to spend a little time in Montego Bay just walking around. I'm a little nervous about it, but it sounds like a lot of fun, and a once in a lifetime experience!

My biggest question now is what to try to carry in our fanny packs. Will we need food and water with us?

Sounds like we'll see a few of you there!

-Tami and Jeff (Keller, TX)

My husband just carried our camera and the rest of our stuff was locked in the bus. I didn't see anyone with drinks on our tour but there isn't a lot of time to do that and they sell pop and beer at the end.

can you take pictures while on the zip line? or do you need both hands on the rope?

You need both hands on the rope, so that is why it is nice to have someone from the tour company there to take pictures. It was very reasonable for a CD of all the pictures of my husband and I. My hubby took a few pictures on our camera but that was just of getting ready to go and the odd one of someone else flying along.

Archived