Carnival Imagination Review

smittyfen

We just came back from a Christmas cruise on the Carnival Imagination. This was our first cruise and we were very pleased. The only down side was the debarkation which was extremely slow and needs to be better organized. Our son debarked on his own carrying his luggage and had no problem. That is the way to go. The rooms were clean, and comfortable. The staff was fantastic. I have no idea when they sleep because they were always up early cleaning the ship every day. I swear there were elves that came in and cleaned our cabin and turned down our beds because we never saw anyone.

Our head waitress Novita was fantastic!

The other problem we had was with a carnival excursion in Ocho Rios. The people there at Ocho Rios were totally disorganized and we waited 90 minutes before we were aboard our bus. It was a Dunns River Falls and Bamboo Beach Club combined tour. Because it was late starting, it cut into our time at each place. At Dunns Falls, our daughter did not have time to complete her climb because we were told to be back in one hour. Our guide left us in the middle of all the little craft tents for the people to come down on us like locusts selling their stuff. I swear every person on the tour came away with a little figurine with their name engraved on it. People would give them money just to get rid of them. Of course, my husband and son were approached to buy pot or cocaine which they said no to. At the beach club we waited over an hour to get a tiny piece of chicken and rice. The guide assured us he would bus us over to the mall. When we asked him to take us, he said he could call us a taxi. When we informed him we would walk, he got all worried because he wanted a tip, we told him we would be back. We never went back as we were so disgusted, we walked back to the ship ourselves. Of course, our son was approached on the walk back by two working women which he declined. I did complain to Carnival and they were wonderful and did compensate us. Our other tour at the Grand Caymans was fantastic. We did the tour of the city which included the turtle farm (our guide Mike was great) and swimming with the stingrays was a blast. I dropped my prescription sunglasses off the boat when we were swimming and the captain went under the boat and found them.

Hats off to Carnival. With that many people on board the ship, they were always trying to please.:D

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first cruise! The Imagination was our first cruise - it was then sailing 7 day trips. As you will learn the first ship you cruise on generally becomes your favorite and it's certainly true for us. We had a wonderful time on that ship.

Are you planning another cruise yet?

Archived