Internet Cafe

gehrandt

Can someone give me information on the internet cafe? Our daughter is going to be taking a lot of pictures of our family and wants to burn a CD for everyone to take home with them. Her laptop doesn't have a CD burner and no one else really wants to drag their laptop with (I'm not even sure our new one does work at burning a CD - haven't tried it yet).

Does the Internet cafe provide that type of computer? And what would the cost run?

Also, we have a penthouse - is one of the perks a computer?

We are on the Sun on Jan 19th. tks.

No, the Internet Cafe has computers equipped for web surfing, but I doubt they have a CD burner for your use. You could ask but I would be surprised.

You could just burn the CDs when you get home and mail them out.

Another option is to have everyone bring their memory stick. I think they are really cheap nowadays and every computer user needs one, if they don't have one already.

Then, someone brings a laptop and you transfer the digital photos there, and then to the memory sticks. Don't forget the camera card reader and USB cables!

We have only sailed the Dawn and Jewel..computer perks (laptop) were only in OS and above...at the regular rate.

You may be able to request a laptop in your suite (limited amount)...for a price.

Have a great cruise:)

Can someone give me information on the internet cafe? Our daughter is going to be taking a lot of pictures of our family and wants to burn a CD for everyone to take home with them. Her laptop doesn't have a CD burner and no one else really wants to drag their laptop with (I'm not even sure our new one does work at burning a CD - haven't tried it yet).

Does the Internet cafe provide that type of computer? And what would the cost run?

On the Gem I believe they offered this service at the kiosk where they sell the photos. Dunno how much they'll charge you (and, of course, one of the "whiners" will cite this as yet another example of NCL "nickle-and-dimeing") but if your daughter needs to offload pix from her camera to CD I think she'd be better off doing it there than at the Internet Cafe. As Dingo points our correctly, those PCs are meant for web surfing only.

Have a great cruise!

Tom & Eileen

Speaking of kiosks, I noticed many of them on a Carnival cruise (I think it was Valor.) Maybe NCL will have these too.

Basically, you insert your memory card and choose which pictures to make a print of. You can zoom and crop with the software. Then when you are done, you order them to be printed out, and you pick them up later.

It was very inexpensive (maybe 29 cents a picture, I can't remember.)

At those prices, you could pick your top 10 pictures and hand them to your friends right there on the ship! Then, email the pictures to everyone when you get home.

When they went to Scotland sometime ago she shot 27 rolls of film!

That is why she is thinking CDs for all 6 couples.

Has anyone rented one of their Laptops?

I'll give her all the suggestions - she's the family's official photographer:cool:

Archived