Refuse upgrade from AD to AC when booking GTY?

slthompson

There are only GTY cabins left in the AD category because I think the Romance Suites are sold-out for my date on the Pearl. I'm thinking about booking the GTY in the AD category because I wouldn't mind any of the 4 suite locations on deck 10.

However, my question is: Can they "automatically" upgrade me to another category (AC, AB, etc.) without my consent? I'm asking because I wouldn't mind the upgrade to anything AB or above. I do not want to be upgraded to an AC cabin because I do not want to be in the front of the ship (decks 9 &10) in those AC cabins because of the wind and the lack of windows. Thank you.

There are only GTY cabins left in the AD category because I think the Romance Suites are sold-out for my date. I'm thinking about booking the GTY in the AD category because I wouldn't mind any of the 4 suite locations on deck 10.

However, my question is: Can they me to another category (AC, AB, etc.) without my consent? I'm asking because I wouldn't mind the upgrade to anything above an AB. I do not want to be upgraded to an AC cabin because I do not want to be in the front of the ship (decks 9 &10) in those AC cabins because of the wind and the lack of windows. Thank you.

They can! That is what a GTY is all about. If you want a choice, book a cabin you would be happy in. If the cabins you want are not available, you can see about a wait list.

There are only GTY cabins left in the AD category because I think the Romance Suites are sold-out for my date on the Pearl. I'm thinking about booking the GTY in the AD category because I wouldn't mind any of the 4 suite locations on deck 10.

However, my question is: Can they "automatically" upgrade me to another category (AC, AB, etc.) without my consent? I'm asking because I wouldn't mind the upgrade to anything AB or above. I do not want to be upgraded to an AC cabin because I do not want to be in the front of the ship (decks 9 &10) in those AC cabins because of the wind and the lack of windows. Thank you.

I believe that possibility is implicit in the terms of booking a GTY. Who are you planning on booking with? Perhaps you may consider booking, or at least inquiring directly thru a NCL. Maybe they can note your "request" on your reservation in a way that maybe an outside TA cannot? However, from their standpoint you are sort of demanding an AB or above if there are no more AD cabins left, and AB (from what I have seen) is about $500 p/p more than an AC. Can't hurt to ask, and that is exactly what you will need to do.

Archived