Western Caribbean Shore Excursions with toddler?

EmmaK

We're off on our first cruise in a couple of weeks! I've been looking at the boards to get an idea of what it might be like cruising with a toddler (19 months old) and realize we'll need to be flexible. We're travelling on the Radiance of the Seas, doing the Western Caribbean loop. Our ports are:

Key West, Florida

Cozumel, Mexico

Grand Cayman

Montego Bay, Jamica

Can anyone recommend shore excursions at these ports? My DS loves the water, so we're thinking of mostly beach excursions. We'll have our umbrella stroller with us. I wasn't planning on booking anything in advance, but would like to have some ideas of where to go ahead of time.

Thanks so much,

Emma

(Newbie Cruiser)

Well I can give you some ideas for family friendly beaches at those ports.

Cozumel - try Paradise Beach

Grand Caymen - 7 mile beach

Mo Bay - there is a Doctor's Cave Beach but many people rave about "Sunset Beach Resort". You can get all inclusive day passes and there is a children's water park area.

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

In Key West; they do have a beach, but in case you'd like something else:

It has a SMALL, yet interesting aquarium with a couple of touch tanks. My young children really liked it. Also, down at the end of Duval Street is a butterfly house.

Have you visited the Ports of Call boards for your ports? There's tons of info there! Some suggestions:

Definitely Paradise Beach in Coz...fun for kids and adults. Order the coconut shrimp and guacamole w/chips!

You could take the trolley tour in Key West.

GC has a turtle farm that gets good reviews.

I've read that Sunset Beach is somewhat of a construction zone right now. Check out the Ports of Call thread on Jamaica to find out what's going on.

Have fun!

I've read that Sunset Beach is somewhat of a construction zone right now. Check out the Ports of Call thread on Jamaica to find out what's going on.

Have fun!

Ewwww yeah that wouldn't be good. Sorry....the last time family members went there was 2006. No construction back then.

We did Paradise Beach in Cozumel and Doctors Cave in MB with my 20 month old. No problems at either one, food was good, had decent bathrooms and even managed to snag places with shade. Everyone in our group had a good time including my little one who doesn't like the feeling of sand.

Where ever you go remember to bring some cheap sand toys.

Definitely Paradise Beach in Coz. We got a taxi right outside the cruise terminal and I felt very safe and easy. Even my parents who didn't want to get off the ship in Mexico loved it. The beach and the restaurant are very nice. OMG! Get the nachos! And they won't charge your little one to use the water toys.

In Key West, we walked over to the Aquarium, which was very small but your little one will love it.

In Key West, we walked over to the Aquarium, which was very small but your little one will love it.

My little guy loves fish! There's a small tank at our local YMCA and he gets so excited by it. Thanks for the ideas!

Archived