Is it true that the Sun offers free soft serve ice cream by pool?

Babygirl5408

On my last cruise aboard the Sun over a year ago, they served hand packed (hard) ice cream by the pool area. I don't recall seeing any soft serve machines anywhere on the ship. Conditions may have changed since.

Personally, I rather have hand packed ice cream, but I understand why many prefer soft serve.

I think it would be impossible to keep "self serve" soft ice cream machines clean. I believe they could be a source for norovirus contaminations, and resulting illnesses. Most fast food restaurants don't allow customers access to their soft ice cream machines.

We had ice cream on the Sun on the Dec. 15 cruise. The ice cream bar is just inside, off the pool deck. They serve it to you. Usually 3 sherbets and 3 ice creams (okay if I'm off by 1 who cares!). They also have sprinkles and M&Ms and raisins.

Perty good!

We had ice cream on the Sun on the Dec. 15 cruise. The ice cream bar is just inside, off the pool deck. They serve it to you. Usually 3 sherbets and 3 ice creams (okay if I'm off by 1 who cares!). They also have sprinkles and M&Ms and raisins.

Perty good!

WOOHOO!!!!!

This is the best news I had all day!

My travel party is going to be very psyched to hear that! :D

Thanks for that info!

YUM!

Perty good!

Is there a fee or is it free?? If it's free it could be dangerous for me!!! :eek:

What flavors?? Do you remember?? Cookie dough is my weakness!!! :D

The ice cream is free...but no really awesome flavors...just your standard vanilla, chocolate, strawberry...they did advertise butter pecan and praline one day, but they said they were out of it when I asked for it even though it was on the board. Never saw anything like cookie dough, which is also my fave!

Thanks for the info! On Princess you have to pay for the ice cream by the pool but they get really exotic with their with smoothies, frappes and sundaes!! I will stay away from the ice cream so I can fully indulge in the chocoholic buffet (or at least I'll tell myself that :D ). THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! :D

Archived