Where to go for the day?

travgurl

We want to spend the day at the beach at this island. We need to make a final decision where to go for the day while in port. Or, is there an excursion that is an absolute must while we are there to do? Please advise. Thanks.

We wanted to do stingray city but then a week before we left the whole Steve Irwin thing happened and my husband changed his mind. I had done my research on it and found that I wanted to do a tour instead because it didn't see there was much else to do other than a tour or the stingrays. It was nice though. We found someone when we got off the ship he was great. It cost us $20 for all 3 of us for a 4 hour tour. The tour was something I was interested in because I had read of the rum house and HELL, I was really intrigued by hell and so happy that we did it because it was interesting. He took us on the tour and one of the first stops was a turtle farm. He told us we could stay for about a half hour but asked if we wanted extra time and we did so we got to stay for about 45 minutes which was more than enough for us. We got to pick up the turtles, feed them, and read information about them. We went to the rum house which is as small as my bathroom but very cool. There were little knick nacks to buy, rum to taste, as well as rum cake to taste....we got to check out some of the local bays from above and they were georgous. As well he showed us where some of the celebrities vacation homes were. We went to Hell which was a very very interesting site. We got to walk around and go in the little stores. Hell is very small but very cool. We got to go into the post office and send post cards home from hell which was awesome! We also went to see a home that was made of conch shells, that was a site as well. So this is something I would recommend, we really enjoyed ourselves on this tour.

Archived