Groups Department Closed To Non Ta

i find this absurd i spent 3 hours trying to reach someone this morning and on one ever answered finally someone answered another number and said the groups department closed dec 28th to all non ta's and you must be a TA to book a group cruise!!

I was going to try the number tomorrow or next week. I figured this week would be crazy.

I booked it through the future cruise consultant onboard the Liberty.

I have a group booked already just need to get intouch with the group coordinator.

I'll let you know what they say to me...thanks for the info

We have a non TA group sailing on Jan 13th. Went through RCCL groups dept.

Did you call 1-800-238-0166? I have called dozen of times and never not got an answer or message office is closed. I know they are not open in the eve or weekends.

Maybe they figure individual groups are too time consuming and not worth the cost employee wise and giving free berths.

I plan on calling them on our group tomorrow so I will find out myself.

I just called and notice the option message has changed does not include TA or non-TA groupings.

Laura

Maybe they figure individual groups are too time consuming and not worth the cost employee wise and giving free berths.

That may be true, we spent 3 hours total on the Liberty getting the rooms we wanted for our group since she did have to search through a few ships for what we wanted.

It was easier to be able to look at the layouts with her and decide and since she knew the ship gave us some tips on room selection.

I can not imagine doing that over the phone with RCL.:eek:

That may be true, we spent 3 hours total on the Liberty getting the rooms we wanted for our group since she did have to search through a few ships for what we wanted.

It was easier to be able to look at the layouts with her and decide and since she knew the ship gave us some tips on room selection.

I can not imagine doing that over the phone with RCL.:eek:

If you spent 3 hours onboard with the LA did she put in extra time or take time away from other cruisers who wanted to book?

The LA's don't have enough time onboard for everyone who wants to book and I feel either they need properly trained help or more hours. If they spend 3 hours with one person/party that is certainly taking away from others.

If you spent 3 hours onboard with the LA did she put in extra time or take time away from other cruisers who wanted to book?

The LA's don't have enough time onboard for everyone who wants to book and I feel either they need properly trained help or more hours. If they spend 3 hours with one person/party that is certainly taking away from others.

Oh goodness, not all at once!

We wanted Independence and booked some rooms then shortly after she called and said Miami office gave the rooms to someone else, so we met with her again etc... then came back, it was a long process over a few days but, I think she was new to booking groups.

I know what you mean, we would never want to inconvenience anyone waiting to book. For some reason, there were two LA's on the Liberty our week and we met with her on the second day of the cruise before the rush...:) and thankfully, by the end of the week she had our reservations correct. (I hope)

Oh goodness, not all at once!

We wanted Independence and booked some rooms then shortly after she called and said Miami office gave the rooms to someone else, so we met with her again etc... then came back, it was a long process over a few days but, I think she was new to booking groups.

I know what you mean, we would never want to inconvenience anyone waiting to book. For some reason, there were two LA's on the Liberty our week and we met with her on the second day of the cruise before the rush...:) and thankfully, by the end of the week she had our reservations correct. (I hope)

I hope you don't think I was critizing you. I wasn't. I just find the LA's are overworked and don't have decent help.

I called today to double check my reservations and had not luck getting through.

1. Told we did not have enough for group rate. We have 16 people so far with paid deposits but only 4 rooms since 2 of them are royal family suites (have 2 bedrooms, IMO should count as 2 rooms since we get 2 credits for it as well and more expensive than 2 balconies)

6-RFS, 6-RFS, 2-Balcony, 2-Balcony = 16 people same # as 8 rooms but whatever:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, need 8 rooms to qualify so since we don't we have to go through the vacation planner and was on hold twice today and gave up after 30 minutes each time to leave a message for a call back but their mailbox was full to new messages.....

I called Crown & Anchor and they said this is a busy time and we can wait a little while since we don't need anything done to our reservations.

We just want to make sure we have royal family suite benefits for people in the suites and also schedule our group picture, balconies open between rooms, etc....

I don't mind doing the leg work for my group just as long as I am given right information from RCL :)

Called groups dept this am and they said they are still booking non TA groups.

We started out as individual reservations then when we had enough rooms so transferred to group status and had to go through group dept at prev posted number.

BTW found group dept info was not always accurate and varied from one agent to the next. It was frustrating. Even a supvr gave me misinformation.

I don't know if I would do a group again. Some of the people in the group made it difficult. I spent hours on it esp since there were first time cruisers and am expected to split the money from the free berth amongst everyone. Have to decide on group ammenity. We have 50.00 per stateroom OBC. Did group booking at hotel. Group shuttle. Insurance as group. Just was alot of work. Checking into excursions. Thank goodness our cruise is Jan 13th. I am ready.

Good luck.

Laura

I spent hours on it esp since there were first time cruisers and am expected to split the money from the free berth amongst everyone. Laura

You did that? How generous!:)

If I get a free berth I have no intention of sharing it with others. My hubby & I are diamond + the rest are newbies and we are doing all the work. It's compensation as I see it for our hard work.

We will share the OBC with others, were thinking of getting a formal night picture done and giving everyone a copy.

This is a good example on why it is good to "hire" a good travel agent. A good TA will do all this work for you and can get you the free berth when you have 8 cabins. Experienced cruise TA's deal with group bookings all the time and will be efficient booking them.

Full disclosure: I own a travel agency so I obviously am biased but this advice is good. Please consider your local professional TA for your group bookings.

When I was new to cruising we went through travel agents and they all messed something up it was so frustrating. (Not saying all our like that-just the ones we used)

I prefer to go directly through RCL with everything, period.

I had blocked off a couple hours yesterday so, I called in the morning at 10am and got through on the 1st ring, got all my questions answered and feel satisfied.

The only thing I question is sharing the $100. OBC with the 5 other people in the RFS. NO, I won't go for that. We booked onboard and we should have it credited to our seapass not everyone gets a share. (Not, to be greedy, but really it should go to the primary person)

I have nothing against TA's but, I prefer to do everything myself :)

Geez you again! Two posts, two advertisements. Well while I am at it I must 'kick you across the board again". Sorry.

Thats not a TA benefit. That is a cruise line benefit. Once again. Two posts, two false infos.

All group benefits are supplied by the Cruiseline. A TA can't afford to give all the perks that go with groups.

When I was new to cruising we went through travel agents and they all messed something up it was so frustrating. (Not saying all our like that-just the ones we used)

I prefer to go directly through RCL with everything, period.

I had blocked off a couple hours yesterday so, I called in the morning at 10am and got through on the 1st ring, got all my questions answered and feel satisfied.

The only thing I question is sharing the $100. OBC with the 5 other people in the RFS. NO, I won't go for that. We booked onboard and we should have it credited to our seapass not everyone gets a share. (Not, to be greedy, but really it should go to the primary person)

I have nothing against TA's but, I prefer to do everything myself :)

If this is the OBC you received for booking your cruise while onboard, why would you consider sharing it with anyone else? It's belongs to you.

Geez you again! Two posts, two advertisements. Well while I am at it I must 'kick you across the board again". Sorry.

Thats not a TA benefit. That is a cruise line benefit. Once again. Two posts, two false infos.

Hopefully the mods will contact this person and kindly let them know of their violation of the Cruise Critic terms and conditions. The terms and conditions that we know everyone reads each and every time they create a username on a website.

I didn't read the TC statement as being false info. I don't think they were stating that only a TA can get a TC. Laura mentioned doing all the work and then having to split the TC among everyone. The statement simply said, hey, let someone else do all the work and you can still get your TC.

At least that's the way I read it.

Talk of group bookings reminds me of when of when I went to the airline to try and get a group booking for the flights. It worked out considerably more per person than if we all booked as individual families (there were 17 of us). The reason I was told was that a large group took up more room than a small party ..... well ...yes .... but :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hopefully the mods will contact this person and kindly let them know of their violation of the Cruise Critic terms and conditions. The terms and conditions that we know everyone reads each and every time they create a username on a website.

I didn't read the TC statement as being false info. I don't think they were stating that only a TA can get a TC. Laura mentioned doing all the work and then having to split the TC among everyone. The statement simply said, hey, let someone else do all the work and you can still get your TC.

At least that's the way I read it.

He/she is not violating CC terms and conditions. He is not advertising by giving any information as to how to contact him. He is within the legal parameters of posting on here.

There are lots of TA's who post on here, myself included, and as long as we don't try to solicite business we are not breaking any rules.

Talk of group bookings reminds me of when of when I went to the airline to try and get a group booking for the flights. It worked out considerably more per person than if we all booked as individual families (there were 17 of us). The reason I was told was that a large group took up more room than a small party ..... well ...yes .... but :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Same thing happened when our church group was flying down to the Gulf Coast. For whatever reason, the coordinator felt we all had to be on the same flight, same booking, etc. etc. It cost me TWICE as much as if I had booked my fare on my own! and once we hit the ground, the group had to split up anyway since you can only fit so many people in a rental van!!!

If this is the OBC you received for booking your cruise while onboard, why would you consider sharing it with anyone else? It's belongs to you.

Exactly!! I have read several post were it is split amongst everyone in the suite. Not gonna happen:D

He/she is not violating CC terms and conditions. He is not advertising by giving any information as to how to contact him. He is within the legal parameters of posting on here.

There are lots of TA's who post on here, myself included, and as long as we don't try to solicite business we are not breaking any rules.

Actually they are violating terms and conditions. The username is the name of the company, which you can't do and he has a link to his company in his profile. Also not allowed.

It seems the mods have removed the username including when it was quoted.

I know there are several TA's that post on here. I happen to know one pretty well ;)

Actually they are violating terms and conditions. The username is the name of the company, which you can't do and he has a link to his company in his profile. Also not allowed.

It seems the mods have removed the username including when it was quoted.

I know there are several TA's that post on here. I happen to know one pretty well ;)

You're right - he was doing it in a very sneaky fashion. Not fair to everyone else.

Sorry everyone, I wasn't aware of the user name thing. I can never think of a good name so I used my business name. Now I know better. My name is has been changed. It is funny how everyone assumes the worst intentions...but I guess I can understand why.

My responses were not even close to advertising. I have zero interest to advertise on Cruise Critic.

I enjoy reading messages on the boards and I will jump in at times. And I do learn a lot from everyone here, even with my cruise background. There is always something to learn!

Happy New Year!

Sorry everyone, I wasn't aware of the user name thing. I can never think of a good name so I used my business name. Now I know better. My name is has been changed. It is funny how everyone assumes the worst intentions...but I guess I can understand why.

My responses were not even close to advertising. I have zero interest to advertise on Cruise Critic.

I enjoy reading messages on the boards and I will jump in at times. And I do learn a lot from everyone here, even with my cruise background. There is always something to learn!

Happy New Year!

No problem and welcome aboard! My comment earlier about knowing that everyone reads the terms and conditions was said tongue in cheek because we all know that nobody reads the terms and conditions. Except for those few twisted ones among us. No offense to those that are twisted. ;)

Archived