Luggage Tags

3 days till embarkation on Serenade! I haven't sailed in 4 years and my luggage tags look different than they did. Air is NOT through RCI- should I affix them before my flight, or can I do it at the pier? Suggestions?

Like Sue L said ........ after the flight. But, you will probably hear and see exceptions. I usually put the cruise luggage tags in the top outside pocket of each bag so when the airlines loose it and someone tries to find out where it should go there is a chance it will catch up to me :p right! :rolleyes: I also print the itenerary and put that in the same pocket. that's my 2 cents.

Do it AFTER your flight when you are on the way to the pier. Don't confuse the airline people anymore then necessary :eek::rolleyes:

I especially liked that part .......... :D

I put mine before I got on the plane and the ticket agent saw the tag and she said "Enjoy your cruise" as I checked my bag in. The tag stayed on my bag. Ticket agents and luggage handlers know the cruise tags. I was also told that they would fly my luggage to the first port if it gets lost. (Not sure if this is true because my luggage didn't get lost.)

BTW this was Southwest Airlines. Not sure if this is true with other airlines. There are extra luggage tags at the pier if it gets ripped off.

I put mine before I got on the plane and the ticket agent saw the tag and she said "Enjoy your cruise" as I checked my bag in. The tag stayed on my bag. Ticket agents and luggage handlers know the cruise tags. I was also told that they would fly my luggage to the first port if it gets lost. (Not sure if this is true because my luggage didn't get lost.)

BTW this was Southwest Airlines. Not sure if this is true with other airlines. There are extra luggage tags at the pier if it gets ripped off.

The best airline agent ever: An unaccompanied bag came in on an unexspected flight and no one claimed the bag. It sat for a day in the back of the check in area. An airline ticket agent saw the bag with the cruise tag on it. Got on the internet to find out where the ship would be. Called the port agent for the cruise line and asked if they would except the bag on the ship that was there since the following day that ship would meet the ship that had the guest that needed the bag. The airline agent took time off, drove to the port, delivered the bag and the guest with lost luggage was supprised the next day when his cabin attendant delivered his bag to the cabin shortly after they docked. Right person, right time, right port agent, right security manager on a different ship, and right port agent at the next stop!

On the other hand......... on a TA from Venice (18 nights) Oct 2006 several dozen guests never got their bags during the cruise. Formal night was something to behold - all three of them.

It just depends ;)

Archived