Samsara and Pregnant?

pould

Hi peeps,

My wife and I are considering booking a Samsara Minisuite on the Serena in February (previously cruised Princess). However, my wife will be 30 weeks pregnant at that time!!! Do folks who have had Samsara Suites reckon that she'll get something out of it (i.e. will there be treatments that she'll appreciate) or are we potentially wasting our money? We like the idea of Suite service (butler etc) but don't want to spend on something my wife can't use.

Thanks in advance,

Peter+

you should call costa to see if she can sail at all. carnival has a policy:

PREGNANCY POLICY

Due to the risk of premature labor, pregnant guests will only allowed to sail if pregnant for 24 weeks or less at time of the cruise disembarkation.

link for above: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_minor_pregnancy_policy.aspx

one can assume costa has a similar policy since they are owned by CCL, also.

spacer.gif

another link you may find interesting. scroll down where it mentions costa: http://www.*****.com/preg-infant.cfm

Peter,

me and DH were in the Samsara minisuite on the christmas itinerary. One word of caution: the whole Samsara-contingent is located in the front of the ship, and our minisuite was in the very-very front. The weather was nice, "slight sea" according to "Today", but for some reason the ship really rolls very heavily on the Atlantic. We are not prone to sea sickness, but I felt very uncomfortable at least for one day and even DH looked pretty green one morning. I don't know if this is normal on ships of Serena's class or if something was wrong with stabilizers or something just on our cruise, but (to give you an idea) they had to close all the pools one day and put out sickness bags in the corridors. So you can imagine what it felt like in our cabin, and I don't even want to think about what it would have been like if the seas had been heavy! I don't know about the risks of sea sickness when you are pregnant, but your DW really might want to check this with her GP.

That said, I would think that the pampering beauty treatments and the relaxation lounges could be very much appreciated. She obviously ought to ask her GP about using the jacuzzi, steam-rooms, sauna etc. though.

Archived