Need quick help re: PG single supplement $ upgrade

i'm going on the Paul Gauguin in April for 9 nights and have a D cabin booked with a single supplement but waitlisted for A, B or C. Today I got a call from my TA that a C cabin opened up. However, they are charging full price for it! So the price difference is $7990 for the C or $4400 for the D. I know you can't make the total decision for me, but is having a balcony worth paying almost double? I need to make the call in the next 24 hours, so your insight is most appreciated!!!

Thanks, Rebecca

Hi, Rebecca

My husband and I have been on the PG twice in the last two years and have booked a third sailing for a 14 day cruise next year. I'm sure a balcony would be nice, but we don't feel it is worth the extra money. We spent very little time in our cabin---just sleeping and dressing for dinner. The PG is not crowded, so there are plenty of places you can relax on the ship outside of your cabin.

We were actually a little disappointed that category "F" was already filled when we booked 11 months in advance for our Sept 2008 cruise! We're in category E hoping to be downgraded :cool:

Therese

Hi, Rebecca

My husband and I have been on the PG twice in the last two years and have booked a third sailing for a 14 day cruise next year. I'm sure a balcony would be nice, but we don't feel it is worth the extra money. We spent very little time in our cabin---just sleeping and dressing for dinner. The PG is not crowded, so there are plenty of places you can relax on the ship outside of your cabin.

We were actually a little disappointed that category "F" was already filled when we booked 11 months in advance for our Sept 2008 cruise! We're in category E hoping to be downgraded :cool:

Therese

I am leaving on January 11 for 24 days on the PG, back to backs, I would not spend the extra money, I do get an E cabin, but have been in one with a balcony and it's not worth it, at lease not for me.

Mike

I have been wrestling with this for the last few hours and your viewpoints really help. There is a lot I could do with the extra $3600 - heck I could even get liposuction for that much! :D The balcony would certainly be nice, but I would have to forego some shore excursions and I really want to snorkel a LOT while I'm there... So you have really helped me!

Thanks again,

Rebecca

I have been wrestling with this for the last few hours and your viewpoints really help. There is a lot I could do with the extra $3600 - heck I could even get liposuction for that much! :D The balcony would certainly be nice, but I would have to forego some shore excursions and I really want to snorkel a LOT while I'm there... So you have really helped me!

Thanks again,

Rebecca

Have a great cruise.

Mike

I normally have a balcony and love them. I had a balcony on the PG. It is great but given the cost, I'd definitely forego it. Just make sure you spend some of your savings on some spa treatments, or better still, a wonderful black pearl. ;)

Archived