Which catamaran excursion is best in Bermuda while on the RC Empress?

tinker

Thinking of booking a half day catamaran/snorkeling type adventure on the Empress next month. There are several listed in my documents and has anyone done any of these and can give a comparison?

Or did anyone book on your own in Bermuda and who did you book with?

Restless Native Catamaran Swim , Sail & Snorkel

Fantasea Catamaran Cruise

Longtail Snorkeling or Sightseeing

Hi Tinker,

Two years ago we did the Restless Native - it was very enjoyable. The snorkel part of it wasn't as colorful as other snorkel excursions, but the swim and sail were great.

This year we're trying the Longtail Snorkeling! I don't know anything about the Fantasea cruise.

In the past we had also done a snorkel excursion on "The Bottom Peeper" - that was really great, but I think we were on Celebrity at the time. However, I think you can probably book Bottom Peeper on your own.

See you soon,

Marge (Empress, Oct 2nd)

We are considering this excursion when we are in Bermuda next month.

Does the boat used for the snorkeling have a glass bottom for viewing if you don't snorkel?

Can you tell me a little about the excursion?

Were drinks served and if so, what? Thanks. Kathy

Yes the day we were on it, it was also a glass bottom boat. after we finished snorkling we went over what we saw and the guide explained it to us(again). They take about an hour to get there and they point out what you see on the way out(including the house being built on the former magazine). They had free soft drinks and rum. I think they charged for the beer. It was well worth it....IMO

I have made numerous attempts to book the Hartley Helmet dive but the guy does not reply to emails. How can anyone run a business like that? We will do the other one now even though the price is a bit more at least he responds to prospective customers.

Smeyer418, Thanks so much for the info. We will book the Fantasea Shipwreck excursion. The reason I wanted to know about the glass bottom boat was because my parents don't snorkel and I wanted them to be able to see into the water.

And I like that we get a little tour beforehand.

Does anyone know if they ever use a boat that does not have the glass bottom? And is it a boat or a catamaran?

I think the Restless Native tour requires your ability to swim in order to get to the beach. My mother doesn't swim, so we would not be able to use them.

Kathy

When in Hamilton, get off the ship and go to the left. Go to the corner and make another left. The last shop on your left is Fanatasea and their boats are docked just past the shop (this is all behind the ferry stop of you are familiar with the area). You can check out their catamaran right there, and book it cheaper (I assume).

Archived