Bags Program in Miami. New? Anyone use?

1kycat

This showed up on a Jewel daily on Fri 12/28, two days before debarkation in Miami.

“Bags Program: We will organize delivery of your luggage all the way to your home airport-leaving you to relax and enjoy Miami! Please bring your completed registration form at the reception desk, deck 7, Crystal Atrium no later than 12:00 Noon today.” Yada, Yada, Yada. Only available for flights after 12:00 from Miami, and 2:00 from FLL.

No mention of any price.

Is this new? Any experience with it?

Thanks. I think it's $15-20 per person out of Seattle and maybe LA.

Anyone know the price out of Miami?

And do you happen to know if they charge everyone in the cabin? Would my kids get charged as well? Or can my wife and I just use our bag tags (4) and just get charged twice?

I'm feeling like an old timer at the moment but does anyone but me remember when every line did this at the end of every cruise for no charge? After you got through customs you just "rechecked" you bags with either the cruiseline or, sometimes, the airline trucks that were lined up waiting for you.

In "the good old days" we also never had to claim our baggage when we arrived at our port city as long as it was tagged. We could just walk off the plane and go straight to the ship! The cruiseline had personnel at every baggage claim to take care of such things for us. The first time I actually had to claim my baggage I was outraged. :D

Yes, yes, I know for security reasons this would never fly today but damn it was nice!!

BTW - I am only 46 so this wasn't that, that long ago.

Thank you for allowing me my trip down memory lane. I now return you to a useful discussion. :)

After my little "good old days" rant I immediately looked up my flight schedule to see if I could qualify. :)

YES! YES! YES! My flight leaves at 12:05! I made it by five minutes! smiley70.gif.37130ac8baaac427ddf5f9afee2990b2.gif

I hope it's available when I arrive in Miami on the Pearl in a few months!

We used BAGS in Miami in Nov off the Pearl and the previous Dec off the Jewel. Fee is $15 per person, limit 2 bags each. You have to claim your bags in the terminal and hand them off to the BAGS guys at their truck just outside. Off the Pearl, we went thru customs first and then claimed the bags. It was the other way around in 2006.

It worked well both times and we were happy to go directly to the gate.

I guess that is nice. But if you then take the NCL shuttle bus service, you just add some other hassle and price back into the equation.

Taking bags to the taxi, then taxi into the airport never seemed to be that big of a deal. And there is nobody to blame and fight with if they get lost, or your flight gets changed, etc.

The program appeals to me because we have a flight that is later in the day, and are planning on visiting a museum before we head to the airport. This plan would alleviate the need for a rental car and we could just take taxis.

We did this on our POAm to Hawai'i a couple of weeks ago. They called it the Easy Fly program and it cost $20 per person. It was well worth it not to have to keep up with luggage or trying to find it at the pier when you get off. We checked our carry-ons, too, and just kept a medium size tote bag for the last minute stuff we needed that morning and for our jackets for the flight home. On this ship it was for anyone with flights after 4:00. Since we wanted to see Pearl Harbor the last day, it was very handy for that since you can't take any bag, not even a purse into the museum area.

Once at the airport we just went through security...it was great not to have drag around those carry-ons!

Archived