**warning** Biggest Norovirus Outbreak In 5 Years

I can confirm that Britain is stricken with Norovirus atm. My wife works in a hospital and they are swamped with admissions, no beds available, staff off sick, wards closed. The whole Health Service is currently in meltdown because of it. They are treating 5 times the normal number of patients for this time of year!

Putting pressure on employees to come into work even when sick is something that this country does extremely well and the consequences are there for all to see........

I know the virus is all over the UK . I live in London, but I can bet any money there are huge amount of people that are staying off work claiming to be ill to get a bit more christmas break!!! This country is full of skivers!

Am on the Explorer in 3 weeks so could everyone please wash their hands until then!!!

Q: Why do I only hear about Norovirus outbreaks on cruise ships?

A: According to a spokesman at the CDC, "the reason you hear about Norovirus on cruise ships is because they are required to report every incidence of gastrointestinal illness. Nowhere else in the public health system of the United States is Norovirus a reportable illness. Norovirus is not a 'cruise ship' illness, but an illness commonly seen in many settings throughout the United States."

Am I going to die??

... you'll only THINK you're going to die. :p

Regarding hand sanitizer not killing noro. I have read the same thing. Maybe it depends on amount used, how it's applied, who knows. But I guess it's better than nothing.

Archived