Captain's Club Holiday Card

FinelyCruising

I got mine recently and thought that I absolutely loved the title of Thomas Plummer...Director, Customer Insights & Relationship Marketing.

I want that from my company in 2008 since I thinks it's incredibly unique.

I thought the card idea was nice idea and high touch too...

....but I'm not kidding, I want that title!

I got one too and agree, it was a nice touch.

What do you say . . . lets really give him some customer insight, and lets have all the Cruise Critic members send him a holiday card? Seriously, how funny would that be?

I am adding him to my list right now for next year. Come on CC pals! You can even include your favorite looking forward to more "insert favorite wish here"

Things like happy new year, looking forward to a new way to handle . . .

chair hogs

or dress code violations

or inconsiderate smokers

or non-attentive staff

or sure hope you fix those pesky pods

or insert your item here

Finelycruising . . . we will let you sign your card with your new title. The rest of us will make up titles like,

Warm Regards,

Swabee Sam

...Director, Customer Insights & Relationship Marketing...I thought the card idea was nice idea and high touch too...

I think "X" demonstrated a bit more customer insight ;) a few years back when they sent an extremely nice calendar to all Captain's Club members during the holiday season.

Les

We got one too and thought it was interesting that while Plummer's title lists Celebrity before Azamara, the Azamara logo appeared ahead of the X logo (artist's choice or perhaps a subtle reference to Celebrity now being second best to Azamara?).

We got one too and thought it was interesting that while Plummer's title lists Celebrity before Azamara, the Azamara logo appeared ahead of the X logo (artist's choice or perhaps a subtle reference to Celebrity now being second best to Azamara?).

I sailed on Azamara and I can tell you that at present the =X= belongs before the AZ - IMO;)

It was nice to get a card, all other lines sent cards in form of email.:cool:

Probably just arrnaged alphabetically.

Hi Everyone !

I recieved my card a few days ago. While it is nice to see that Celebrity is making some sort of an effort to show that we matter, it should have arrived 2 weeks ago. I also feel that Celebrity missed a great marketing opportunity to include a little gift like a calendar (yes, that was a great calendar !), or even better.... a small coupon towards a future sailing.

For a company that knows how to get people to spend, they missed a great opportunity to gather new bookings !

I have to say, that Mr. Plummer's title is one of the most creative corporate titles I have seen in a VERY long time. I certainly wish him all the very best in his position. I truly hope he will bring positive change to the Captains Club program. I look forward to his customer insights & relationship marketing :)

We received the same mailed card from Celebrity. Interestingly, although we've sailed X/RCI 24 times and Princess only once, we received a very nice calendar from Princess this year. Well marketed, too, because each month features a picture of a different ship...and on each date, it says where you would be that day if you were aboard! Really makes you jealous when you're putting a dentist's appointment on your calendar and are reminded that while you're in the middle of a root canal, some lucky passengers are cruising in Tahiti.

We received the same mailed card from Celebrity. Interestingly, although we've sailed X/RCI 24 times and Princess only once, we received a very nice calendar from Princess this year. Well marketed, too, because each month features a picture of a different ship...and on each date, it says where you would be that day if you were aboard! Really makes you jealous when you're putting a dentist's appointment on your calendar and are reminded that while you're in the middle of a root canal, some lucky passengers are cruising in Tahiti.

I forgot all about this, yes we got the calendar from Princess as well and it is a nice one. Funny thing is we’ve never cruised on Princess, hum. :confused:

Also I get my HAL Mariner magazine and got one from Carnival but not from the Captains Club, hum.:confused:

Ok so I’ll just be happy on got my card from Mr. Plummer.:)

Okay, I am very jealous of all of you! I didn't get a card from Celebrity or a calendar from Princess. (And I have sailed Princess as recently as November.) And I never got a calendar before from Celebrity either. All I got was an email card from both Princess and Royal Caribbean.

Just to make myself feel loved though I will tell you that I got a great holiday card from the Boston Red Sox - which none of my friends or family got. It had both this years world series trophy and the one from 3 years ago on a mantle with a roaring fire going and the stockings with the players jersey numbers on them all hung in a row. Very nice touch to the fans!

Ok, I guess there has to be one scrooge and today is my turn.

When I received the card, I immediately looked for a coupon; when it wasn't there, all I could think of was what a waste of my shareholder money. Yes, they are less costly than a calendar, but we paid for expensive cards, postage and staff or outsourced labor for it to be tossed. At least the calendar reminds us that we should be on board a ship instead of looking at one for 365 days. I think that's money well spent. Even if it was a "12 months at a glance" type, I would have hung it up, instead of tossing the card.

Off the soapbox....back to work! :D

Archived