Roll Calls

emptynest1

I have noticed lately a lot of roll calls on this board. Why is this?

There is a roll call board that was broken off this area for the purpose of keeping the roll calls separate and now they are creeping back.

Don't tell me it is for newbies who don't know about roll calls. They can read the stickies just as well as everyone else here.

I think maybe people get frustrated when they either start a roll call and nobody joins them or they can't find one for their cruise so they post over here. I've met the most wonderful people through roll calls that I would be disappointed if nobody was on one I had started. Cruise critic members are the best!

Terri

I posted over here the other day trying to find any cruisers who had not signed up for the Galaxy 9/17 roll call. I got booted real quick, but the good thing was before I got moved we found four people who were not familiar with the roll call and went over and signed on. That was fortunate.

What I really didn't understand is that there have been numerous threads that are still running in the same vein, Mercury October 13 - We made our cc party- comes to mind. It's several pages long and is really just an extension of the roll call yet it's still there while my little query to direct people to the roll call board was transfered to the roll call! ??????

I can see both sides of this issue. On one hand posting roll calls in this forum could get out of hand real fast. But on the other hand some people, me included, didn't notice the sticky message about roll calls for the longest time. And actually it doesn't even say Roll Call but rather "Connections and Registration". Maybe it would be better to say "Roll Calls and Registration, I don't know.

Would it be acceptable to once in awhile post a non-sticky message just reminding people about the "Connections and Registration" threads and where to find it? Not a specific ship or sailing, just a reminder. This would be in addition to the sticky message. Maybe once a month or so.

There just has to be a way to improve this and make it more noticable.

Just my thoughts, you may not agree.

Your point is well taken. The Sticky Thread title has been changed. As for threads that are "roll calls" on the main board, the ones that are real ROLL CALLS get redirected to the ROLL CALL board.

I think maybe people get frustrated when they either start a roll call and nobody joins them

exactly right teedee, pure frustration...and seeing the amazing success (and support of others on this board)of someone just the day before was the impetus for me posting. It didnt do any good. And no, I hadnt read the sticky rule, so good suggestion rjack and thanks walt.

After reading this thread, I decided to post a more comprehensive ROLL CALL post to help folks understand what is available out there.

I would like you all to let me know if you have any suggestions to improve my ROLL CALL - Suggestions post.

Thanks.

Archived