have you used this day sail?

marynjason

have you any of you ever used this day sail charter??? If do please give me your opinions. I can't find there number anywhere on the web.

http://stthomascruiseexcursions.com/IslandMarketingLtd.htm

Thanks Mary

Why would you book a daysail with a no-name charter thru a booking agent when you could go with one of the well known daysail charters already discussed on my threads here?

have you any of you ever used this day sail charter??? If do please give me your opinions. I can't find there number anywhere on the web.

http://stthomascruiseexcursions.com/IslandMarketingLtd.htm

Thanks Mary

Mary,

We were in St. Thomas on 12/24 and booked the VIP Sailing Charter (http://stthomascruiseexcursions.com/VIPSailingYacht.htm) through Island Marketing and had a WONDERFUL time. The boat was beautiful, the crew awesome and very informative, both about the islands we were sailing around and also once we were in the water snorkeling. The food was delicious and we simply could not have had a better day - it was the highlight of our cruise. I can't imagine that you would be disappointed. One nice thing about booking this particular sail is that it is a 6 passenger boat, but you don't have to find 6 passengers to book it, like some of the others such as Rumbaba. Island Marketing is a well known booking agent throughout the Caribbean. They have just begun offering tours out of St. Thomas. I think that the fact that Island Marketing selected this particular sailboat as their exclusive provider of a 6-passenger daysail speaks for itself! I say go for it!

Thank you everyone.. I just was in contact with the booking agent and the actual ship is the Nightwind and they said they accommodate up to 18 on his sail boat... we are a party of 8.

I am going to read the reviews on the Nightwind with Captain Steve.

My question is...from what I understand is that we get 2 snorkel trips and lunch and cruising around.... Is it better to just hop on the ferry and go over to ST Johns??? I'm thinking lunch and snorkeling for 120.00 per person ouch..lol

Help me decide!! please I am such in limbo...

We've done the shopping thing in St Thomas and seen some nice beaches I'm interested in something different this time thats why I was thinking the charter.

Thank you everyone.. I just was in contact with the booking agent and the actual ship is the Nightwind and they said they accommodate up to 18 on his sail boat... we are a party of 8.

I am going to read the reviews on the Nightwind with Captain Steve.

My question is...from what I understand is that we get 2 snorkel trips and lunch and cruising around.... Is it better to just hop on the ferry and go over to ST Johns??? I'm thinking lunch and snorkeling for 120.00 per person ouch..lol

Help me decide!! please I am such in limbo...

We've done the shopping thing in St Thomas and seen some nice beaches I'm interested in something different this time thats why I was thinking the charter.

Mary,

I think that it depends on what you really want...we WANTED to spend a day on a sailboat, cruising around the Islands. We WANTED a personal snorkel guide to show us the best spots and tell us what we were seeing. We WANTED to be away from the crowds. It was a PERFECT day for us. However, if you aren't really interested in sailing, and just want to wing it alone, you could probably do it yourself. You will have taxi rides on both St. Thomas and St. John, both directions, plus ferry cost to consider also. As you can tell, I am biased towards the sailing, but everyone is different! I can't say enough about VIP sailing, and the crew, Josh and Charlie! Good luck decision making!

• 3 weeks later...

The VIP Yacht Sailing is the 42' yacht for up to 6 people, the Champagne Yacht Sailing is the 57' yacht for up to 18 people. I just booked the VIP for January 27th 2008, for just husband and myself...so far we are the only two booked, and the CHAT LINE lady "Monique" confirmed with the skipper that he would still go, even with just two of us. Now in the meantime, others might reserve, but still will only be up to 6 people. We have had excellent service and experience with Island Marketing, used them in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel too. Sure looking forward to this trip.

Archived