upgrade after docs delivered????

spivey

I booked a cruise on Destiny for January 20th. We booked way back in the summer and only booked an Inside Gar. because we knew with 1 child in college and another going next year we shouldn't be spending the $. My question is....is it possible to get an upgrade after docs have been sent? Our docs have the room number...our luggage tags have the room number...etc. We got absolutely no upgrade at all. Bottom of the boat, all the way in the front. Even though there are (or were 2 days ago) better rooms available. I spook to my PCP about it and he just kept saying..."you don't always get an upgrade" I had actually called him because I didn't understand how they were offering the same price with a 4 catagory upgrade if you booked now, and we didn't get any upgrade at all. Do they ever upgrade after the docs are issued? I know you take a chance when you book a gar., but we've done it twice before and gotten great upgrades. I guess I don't understand what is the benefit of booking early? We would have done better to book 3 weeks out. Thanks!

Christie

We were upgraded the week before our cruise on Celebration in Feb 06, I got home from work and had a message on voice mail telling us we were upgraded. We had a spacific cabin assigned, we did not book gty. When we got to the terminal I told the agent we had been upgraded and our cabin was not what was on the docs, she said great and checked us in, well when she went to get the cabin keys and Sail and Sign cards she gave me "Blue" cards and this was my 4th cruise and I should have had "Gold" cards I let her know the cards were not correct, she had given us the original cabin cards with someone elses names on them.:confused: Went back and checked again and returned with our GOLD cards with the correct upgraded cabin. So fingers crossed you will get the upgrade. Enjoy your cruise. 51 days until we leave Yaaaaa.:D

The 4 category upgrade is the same exact price as you paid for a guarantee? If so you can upgrade yourself..

I originally booked w/ a 1a and when the price went down on the inside guarantee I switched to that with no problems.

But he was right with one thing.. By booking a Inside guarantee doesn't automatically get you upgraded.. by booking this way you need to be happy getting the lowest cabin in that category.

The 4 category upgrade is the same exact price as you paid for a guarantee? If so you can upgrade yourself..

I originally booked w/ a 1a and when the price went down on the inside guarantee I switched to that with no problems.

But he was right with one thing.. By booking a Inside guarantee doesn't automatically get you upgraded.. by booking this way you need to be happy getting the lowest cabin in that category.

Yep, the 4 category upgrade is for the exact same price. When I asked my PCP about it, he just kept saying well there's no promise that you'll get an upgrade. I do realize that. I'm just wondering why??? when there are rooms available, wouldn't they offer one to us? I was told there was nothing I could do about it. It doesn't make sense, especially since this will be our 3rd cruise with Carnival. I'll be happy just to be on the cruise, but I would still like an explanation.

Archived