E-Doc Luggage Tags

gargoyle999

I've been seeing references to getting luggage tags via e-docs. How does that work? Seems like if I print something out it would be pretty flimsy.

They are just paper. You can laminate them or use clear tape on them to strngthen them.

I used eTags on my last cruise in December. We just printed them out, folded as instructed. Once we wrapped them around the handle of our luggage I used tape to secure the loose ends.

We drove to the port and didn't have to deal with airline gorillas ... only cruise apes:D . They stayed on fine and we had our luggage before sail away.

Because the luggage tags are not color coded has anyone had a problem wiht misplaced luggage or get their luggage late late late???

Nope. My luggage tags were blue with TBA. Once we got to the dock, the porter searched the manifest, scratched out TBA, wrote the cabin number on the tag and took off with my luggage. Got the bags before sail away.

Because the luggage tags are not color coded has anyone had a problem wiht misplaced luggage or get their luggage late late late???

Nope... the luggage tags have a bar code that Carnival uses to place your bags. Additionally, your cabin number is on the tag along with a line for the passenger's name. No problem at all.

I've been seeing references to getting luggage tags via e-docs. How does that work? Seems like if I print something out it would be pretty flimsy.

Even the tags that come in the mail with your documents are of the same flimsy paper quality. I really hate the way they have the new tags because they seem much easier to tear. I would go with the laminate option that someone else suggested and make sure they are on your luggage securely.

Nope... the luggage tags have a bar code that Carnival uses to place your bags. Additionally, your cabin number is on the tag along with a line for the passenger's name. No problem at all.

Thanks I figured the luggage tags had to be bar coded.

Archived