Help a Mickey Freak convince her Loyal to Royal other to go on the Big Red Boat

Meglyn

I am a Mickey and Minnie Freak!!!!! My boyfriend and I are both Loyal to Royal, and are addicted to cruise vacations. We have vacation the second week of Sept this year. I know that I would love it so much that would want to go for a week!!! I know nothing about Disney cruises. I need some selling points to convince him to try the Disney line. He loves trying all the food in formal dining (not so much the dressing up though), He is in love with St. Martin (Orient Beach) and can't stop talking about it, we both love sunbathing on deck, the karaoke bar, the flowrider, taking 1,000's of pictures, shopping (OK. that's only me!), and relaxing on the beach. He thinks that it will be all children, really hokey, and he will be sick of "The Mouse" by the end of the cruise (he generally doesn't have a problem with Mickey he didn't bat and eye when I said I wanted a Mickey Wedding). I know there are land and sea packages, but I think I've only got the time and Money for the Cruise only. Help me convince him that it will surpass Royal Caribbean and will not be all 80 year old couples with their 10 grandchildren. :)

You might want to start by telling him that Disney is VERY good about keeping the adult areas adult. The adult pool is 18 and over and they shoo kids out that try to come in there. They have an adult restaurant called Palo that is adult only too.

We are a couple in our 40's and have cruised on Disney twice and have another booked for 2009. It is not hokey and in your face. September is when we cruise and while there are still alot of kids this is probably one of the times of year that is not overloaded. 7 day cruises have less children on them than a 3 day.

Hope this helps some. (PS.....never call it the Big Red Boat........that has been gone for years. LOL)

We are amiddle aged couple and have done 15 DCL cruises and others.

All but 4 of our cruises have been just the 2 of us and we are going on DCL alone again this month.

There is plenty of adult only things to do if you want.

as stated above, book Palos for a dinner and a brunch, it does cost $10 extra per person but is well worth it.

adult pool and 2 adult hot tubs are great

work out area

spa cost extra

lots of adult only entertainment

3 clubs after 9 p.m. are adult only

art of entertaining series (food demos with samples)

galley tour

wine tasting and martini tasting (costs extra must be 21)

Quiet cove coffee house

plenty more to do, movies late at night are geared towards adults too.

There is a book called The Passporter which does have a cool section called DCL for adults and it has great ideas and tips for adults on DCL.

also go to the DCL website and order the free DVD it will show you the adult areas for him to see.

We've been on cruises on DCL, Norwegian, and Rayal Caribbean, and would take a DCL cruise adult only as our first choice.

Disney does a terrific job of keeping the adult areas adult, and keeping the kids entertained. I noticed more kids on the Royal Car. cruise, even though there were a fraction of the kids on that cruise than on any other DCL I'd ever taken.

Palo is excellent; so is Serenity Bay. The good thinkg about the characters is there available if you want them, but they aren't "in your face".

I agree with the PP--DCL is nothing like the Big Red Boat. The ships themselves are beautiful.

Disembarkation is the key to Disney. He will be sooooo impressed with the no waiting and how easy it is to get off the ship. I dread sitting there all morning waiting for your color to be called. Ugh.

Disney has plenty to do for adults only. I saw many couples ( all ages) without kids!

Also no other cruise line does Fireworks in the middle of the ocean.

My family just returned from our first DCL cruise. One of the first couples we met (on elevator to our room) was a couple on their honeymoon. They were sooo excited. Never saw them again!! DCL makes the kids clubs so enticing that when the boat is at sea the kids are at play somewhere?!? You don't see them! You'll definitly see them at the shows and at dinner but then it's like pixie dust, poof and their gone!

Have fun!

Archived