AOS - Ports and their corresponding beaches

senunit

Hi CC! I am going on the AOS on the 13th of this month. We are leaving from San Juan, Puerto Rico. The ports that we will be visiting are Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas. I was just wondering if the ports provide great beaches. I was on the NOS a couple years back and the ports in Cozumel and Haiti weren't that great. I want to know if the ports have great beaches with nice drinks and bars and lots to do. If the beaches aren't all that special, please share some tips on some beaches I can visit in the corresponding islands. Furthermore, some nice tours would be a great touch for good advice. I like active tours, like jet skiing, snorkeling, scuba diving, etc. Thank you all! I am looking forward to joining the CC community!!!:)

If you go back to the main page of the message boards and check out the "ports of call" boards, you will find a TON of information about the beaches at each port. You will have no shortage of options in any of those ports!

We just returned from Aruba and Curacao. All we do is beaches. In Aruba we taxied to De Palm Pier on Palm Beach and hung out there. We rented chairs and an umbrella for the day. There was plenty of food and drink available and water sports, too. Pretty crowded and busy, though.

In Curacao....we taxied to Seaquarium Beach and had a really nice and relaxing day. We plopped ourselves down in some adirondak chairs at one of the resorts there and really enjoyed it. Abundant food and drinks....nice atmosphere. Were not chrage anything for the chairs.....just $3.00 each for use of the beach. Will do this again. Going back on the Adventure in June/July.

Hi Senunit

I'll be cruising the route in March on AOS. After some research, our plan on Aruba is to try and get a day pass for Renaissance Beach, which is a private island, for $50. per person. If sold old, our plan B is to taxi to Palm Beach for the day. (Search the boards for what Arubalisa has to say, she's been many times and has the best reviews).

On Curacao the plan is to head over to Porta Playamari for a day of beach, snorkel, & a quick hike.

We've been to St. Martin twice before and will be heading back to Orient Beach to Pirates. Search the boards for the online coupon which when you buy 2 lunches, they'll rent you 2 chairs and 2 drinks for $12. If topless bathers upset you, avoid any beach on the French side.

On St. Thomas we've been to Sapphire Beach which was beautiful and had vendors available to rent water sports. This time we're looking to head over to Lindbergh beach as it has had alot of good reviews and as according to cruisecal.com, they'll be 6 ships in port on the same day and Meagans Bay & Sapphire Beach will probably be busy.

Happy cruising and if you would drop me a line when you get back I'd be happy to hear how you made out.

Palm or Eagle Beach is nice for Aruba.

Divi beach for St. Maarten

St. Thomas - if you haven't gone to St. John try that. We will try Megans Bay next time since we did St. Johns, Trunk Bay and Sapphire Beach (not crazy about)

Curacao - we did the boat and beach rccl excursion...it was ok..not sure what the beach was called

• 6 years later...

Hi

In Aruba -go to Eagle Beach - gorgeous , wide peaceful andf the water is amazing !1

BUT... If you want to venture out - take a tour to the "wild side" - it is the other side of the island and it is beautiful in a "wide" way. We visit Aruba every 4-5 years and always go the to the wild side for a day.