Cruise Director List 2008

MrPete

The blog thingy is not the only thing tying John up. They christened the Splendor yesterday morning.

They have spent the last month onboard getting her loaded, ready to sail and "Christened". (on top of doing the blog thingy and his regular CD job).

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon and we will ask for the rest of the list.

Ok, maybe I should not have mentioned the Blog...and

I know about the christening, I left the ship that morning. I also realize he is very busy, that being said we had a large group of Cruise Critic friends on board for 8 days and never saw him. He had promised to stop by our meet and greet where 70 + cc members waited and we also had a 4th of July celebration where he received a formal invitation and 4th of July gift for he and Heidi and again we didn't see him. It would have been nice if he would have at least sent an assistant with his regrets after saying he would be there, would that not have been the polite thing to do?

I am just giving an account of my experience and I am sure that others have a better one.

I am really just interested in the list for October, and not debating the experience I just had.

I know about the christening, I left the ship that morning. I also realize he is very busy, that being said we had a large group of Cruise Critic friends on board for 8 days and never saw him.

Really...he wasn't at the past cruiser's party or the Captains party ???

Strange the CDs are usually at the front of the line at these event...

Really...he wasn't at the past cruiser's party or the Captains party ???

Strange the CDs are usually at the front of the line at these event...

Ok you are right about the past cruisers party but it was the shortest one we were ever at on our past 8 Carnival cruises. He popped out on stage for only a few minutes during and after the same film they always show.

The Formal night cocktail party took the place of the Captains cocktail party and was held in the atrium with no sign of anyone official.... just free flowing drinks which we all love. :D

I am not trying to argue with you if that is what you are doing... I just stated my experience and so sorry if it doesn't meet with your approval.

Have a great day :)

Ok you are right about the past cruisers party but it was the shortest one we were ever at on our past 8 Carnival cruises. He popped out on stage for only a few minutes during and after the same film they always show.

The Formal night cocktail party took the place of the Captains cocktail party and was held in the atrium with no sign of anyone official.... just free flowing drinks which we all love. :D

I am not trying to argue with you if that is what you are doing... I just stated my experience and so sorry if it doesn't meet with your approval.

Have a great day :)

My approval has nothing to do with it. Gross exaggerations like "in 8 days (placed in bold) and we never saw him at all" are ridiculous.

You obviously wanted to whine because John did not come to your party like you wanted him to and make you feel "special", or you would not have brought it up.

BTW, as I recall, July 4th is when the Kaiser family missed the ship and John was very concerned because they had a 6 year old child with them...in a foreign country and he was trying to stay in contact with them until they got back on the ship.

Or perhaps it was the medical emergency that they had to take to the nearest port....OR perhaps it was the "plaque" ceremony that they had at EVERY port (not part of the usual job) ...

Sounds like John may have had his hands full with all that...on top of everything else.

John can't be everywhere at all times. As much as everybody would want him to be he is not John almighty. He tries but he just can't. Hours of the day are not enough. You just have to put yourselves in his shoes. He already does much more than any CD I have ever meet. Don't complain. He already gives to much. You really don't know what happened that day.Im sure that if he could have been there he would have gone.:cool:

John can't be everywhere at all times. As much as everybody would want him to be he is not John almighty. He tries but he just can't. Hours of the day are not enough. You just have to put yourselves in his shoes. He already does much more than any CD I have ever meet. Don't complain. He already gives to much. You really don't know what happened that day.Im sure that if he could have been there he would have gone.:cool:

You are so correct. No one can predict when an emergency will arrive. And the last thing any CD is thinking of is making a party when someone's life is on the line or a family has missed the ship in foreign port. The cruise leading up to the Naming Ceremony was anything but normal. Every new port they landed at had to have that silly ceremony where they got a plaque for the ship. Someone took up 15 minutes of him time for the "emergency" of complaining about smoking in a designated smoking area!

I also think that John has the fatal flaw of wanting to do everything for everyone and he is overextending himself now that so many people are reading the blog. It just isn't the folks he meets on board any more. It is 2.5 million hits. 500 people have signed up for the Blogger's Cruise. Unfortunately, if he doesn't stop trying to spread himself to thin...it is going to affect his health. He has already had a bout with Bell's. I was hoping he would take that as a wake up call to slow down.

And you would not believe the ridiculous requests John gets.

Someone came on the blog and asked him to set up their Meet and Greet for their Roll Call. Geez people...surely someone smart enough to cruise is smart enough to post a time and place to meet. It isn't rocket science and you don't need the CD to do it for you. It is nothing to have 100 people on one of our Roll Calls and we manage to up a Meet and Greet up all by ourselves. No attendance by the CD demanded.

And then there is all this "bringing them a gift" business like someone is trying to make John obligated to spend time with them. If you have a gift for a CD, just leave it at the Purser's Desk. If you are bringing them a gift to get attention for yourself...don't!

John missing a party says more about the person whining about it than it does John. Stuff happens and reasonable people understand.

John does his best to do whatever he can. Or there would not be 500 people booking a cruise just to celebrate his hard work!

After 26 years of sailing exclusively with Carnival, I have a lot of friends that are CDs or acting CDs and would never expect them to make an appearance at a party. I would certainly never think they "owed" me anything!

Just got off the Miracle. From what I heard, this (July 4 - July 12) was Brent's last cruise until he comes back from vacation in a few weeks. I was told that Big Sexy (Josh) will be covering for him until he gets back. Personally, I would have loved to have been a cruise with him as CD. He's awesome, a lot better than Brent.

During their morning show on TV, the two of them would list off the day's activities and just banter back and forth. Josh pretty much made that show. Brent would get a couple cracks in every now and then, but it was Josh that made it worth watching. And at the activities, Josh always made the activities fun.

I can't wait to see next year's list. Hopefully if Josh is CD by then we will be cruising with him. That would be a great cruise!

Hope this information helped. :)

Maybe I worked in the hospitality industry a little too long,

but I dont go on cruises just to find the cruise director.

Come on, most folks go to enjoy the time off, ports, shows

food etc. Dont expect the staff to show up at your beck

and call for every event. Remember they are on the boat

to work, even if it doesnt feel like it to you. So dont be so

hard on a cruise director. Off my soap box.

Just got off the Miracle. From what I heard, this (July 4 - July 12) was Brent's last cruise until he comes back from vacation in a few weeks. I was told that Big Sexy (Josh) will be covering for him until he gets back. Personally, I would have loved to have been a cruise with him as CD. He's awesome, a lot better than Brent.

During their morning show on TV, the two of them would list off the day's activities and just banter back and forth. Josh pretty much made that show. Brent would get a couple cracks in every now and then, but it was Josh that made it worth watching. And at the activities, Josh always made the activities fun.

I can't wait to see next year's list. Hopefully if Josh is CD by then we will be cruising with him. That would be a great cruise!

Hope this information helped. :)

I have never sailed with either of them....but I have been hearing great things about "Big Sexy" (Josh). His name is a hoot. Maybe one day I will get lucky. (boy that did not sound right!!) :eek: (to sail with him of course~~ :D )

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know how long John is onboard the Splendor for?

Thanks,

nibbs

All John has said for certain is that he will not be doing the South America run...so I don't expect him on the Splendor past the end of the year.

Of course, he could leave sooner than that. But he will definately not be on the SA run.

Well then....Chris Jefferson must have passed his ego onto Jeff Bronson on Pride. The absolute worst CD we've ever experienced.

I can't tell you how many times we had to endure the "whales at the buffet" jokes. It wasn't funny the first time. I felt very bad for people who were not in the best of shape. Very bad taste, on his part. Let's hope someone has given him the "heads-up" on tact since then.

I totally agree that Jeff Bronson is horrible. He's a tool!!!

Micheal and his lovely wife Jenny?Who used to be on the Spirt a few years ago. it is almost like they vanished:eek:

I am thinking they are retired from Carnival...because I have not heard their name in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
sorry guys, i cant find the current CD list, all i am seeing are older. can someone help me out.

where's the link?

who is CD on liberty during the week of Aug, 30?

whatca think about this person?

atr

Sadly it has not been posted yet....but HOST MACH is working on getting John to deliver!!!

John has just been really busy with a new ship, new ports, new schedules etc etc etc etc etc.. :)

As soon as Host Mach gets it, he will post it here.

BTW< If you look at the old schedule that runs through June....Karl came on June 21st. Since CD's "generally" take off 6 weeks ... IF Steve is coming back to that ship...he should be back by the end of August. Of course this is just a guess....

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know where Big Tex is?

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/08/24/bare-naked-ladies/

1. Can you tell us which ship you currently are on and when you are due to leave.

I am on the Carnival Fantasy until February of 2009 (I’ll be leaving with the bloggers) and in April I will take over the reins as the Cruise Director on the Carnival Valor.

:)

Archived