Coral Breeze Water Taxi

MEGADAN

We used Coral Breeze Water Taxi to get from the pier to Cay Caulker. Everything went smoothly. They were at the flagpole, the meeting place on time and we had a nice time in Cay Caulker. The only thing to be careful with is the time difference between the ship and Belize. Our Coral Breeze Rep kept saying the difference was 2 hours but the locals in Belize said it was only 1 hour. I couldn't really understand the confusion but they still got us back to the ship with 15 minutes to spare.

The trip was 45-50 minutes. We stayed 3 & 1/2 hours. It is the same boat that they use for the snokeling trip. They drop you off at the Cay and they go snokeling then they return for lunch at the pier. That is when you meet up with them again and then they get you back to the boat around 4pm. We were on the Carnival Glory and we had to be on the tender by 4;15. They made it so everything worked out well.

How long were you in Caye Caulker? Was there just 1 return time so you were stuck there, like it or not? Would you suggest this for a family with 3 children looking for a beach day?

We were there with 2 children ages 13 and 10. It was really the only beach option that we had. They enjoyed it but be prepared for the fact that it is not a beach but a cay.

We used Coral Breeze Water Taxi to get from the pier to Cay Caulker. Everything went smoothly. They were at the flagpole, the meeting place on time and we had a nice time in Cay Caulker. The only thing to be careful with is the time difference between the ship and Belize. Our Coral Breeze Rep kept saying the difference was 2 hours but the locals in Belize said it was only 1 hour. I couldn't really understand the confusion but they still got us back to the ship with 15 minutes to spare.

Hi

Does the tender come in very close to Belize City and is the "flagpole" very far from there?? Thanks

We were there with 2 children ages 13 and 10. It was really the only beach option that we had. They enjoyed it but be prepared for the fact that it is not a beach but a cay.

What is the difference between a beach and a cay? :)

• 2 weeks later...

crosj -

I never went into the city, but the place where the tender docked seemed to be right in the center of everything. The flag is a very short walk from the tender.

I also enjoyed the services of Coral Breeze mid-August, and highly recommend them. On our excursion, CB had a snorkeler price, an observer only price, and a water taxi price. You can get this in writing before you reserve - the staff is very helpful.

I actually don't think we stayed on the Caye very long, or we took a long time to eat. I didn't get to shop at all. :0( Probably didn't need to spend any more money, but I felt bad about not leaving more money with the local economy.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Okay, I need more info, I'm worried. I was planning on coming here for a beautiful beach day. What do you mean the sand is not like it is on a beach because it is a caye. What is it like exactly? Thanks!

Please don't tell me there's no sand .... I've been trying for days to come up with an excursion for my family and I thought this was it ... but I don't want to lay out on the cement!!! :(

Are there any beaches with sand in Belize???? :confused:

MartiniMama,

Im also on the hunt for Belize excursions, so bare with me, I dont have much info. However, I did read on another board about Geoff Caye (not sure if thats the exact spelling, but close enough for you to find it). This was said to be a small caye for the purpose of just spending time on a beach or snorkeling, meaning there isnt much else there to do. Those who went for that purpose had a very nice time. They may serve lunch/snacks too, I cant remember. I saw pictures, there was definitely plenty of sand. As I said, the photos Ive seen of Caye Caulker were ALL sand... they dont even have paved roads (or very few) because its all sand. Im not sure where Megadan was at exactly, but from what Ive seen there is at least some beach area available at the split... Heres a Caye Caulker link: http://www.gocayecaulker.com/

Also http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/192650/ ... scroll down to the bottom for several clickable links

I looked at the sites you listed and I also did a search on here for Goff's Caye and I found photos that someone posted: http://community.webshots.com/album/151464222oxiKbD

(hope they don't mind me putting up another link :) )

They are great photos --- the beach looks fantastic, soft white sand and very shallow water. Now I just need to find a water taxi out there..... :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I can answer the beach question of Caye Caulker. There is no beach, trust me. Yes, there is sand through the whole island, however, the sand ends at a concrete wall which was installed to stop erosion. There are pleny of little piers extending from these concrete walls, but no slanting beach to the water. There is no place to get chairs and layout as you would think there would be. My whole family went there last year and we had a great time, but its one of those things you do just once. We went to ths Split and basically whats there is a cabana bar and nothing else. There is a place where you can walk into the water there but its not a beach.

With that being said we did have a great time. After swimming at the split, we rented golf carts and toured the island. The kids loved riding around on the carts and seeing everything. I don't think there is a/c on the entire island and there only water system is what is collected from the roofs and stored in a tank. Very interesting to see, I would recommend it.

oh, and the split is just that. Its where a hurricane split the island in two many years ago, now the other side is a preserve I believe.

Archived