100+ lbs to lose???

PreciousJewel

Leah, I too am SOOOOOO jealous of Vic right now. I wish I were with her crusing anywhere. Great job on the 5 lbs. You are on your way. You had one little snag with the chicken and biscuits. That's ok. You realize now how many calories are included, and you can correct this. All day today, stick to your diet. It's ok to cheat, only once in a while though. Maybe once a week or once every two weeks. It's a constant struggle that we are all batteling, but we will get through this.

Have fun with your nephew this weekend. I am an only child and so is DH, so there are no nephews or nieces in the cards for us. :( Have fun with T also. I hope he does well without his medication. Spidey is doing a lot better now that he has been taken his for a few months.

We are still up in the air about this weekend. We may go to the beach tomorrow with some friends, but DH also wants to go spend the night at his moms. I think we may skip the beach. Have a good weekend everyone.
Stacy

vic / leelee.... don't beat yourself up too badly over the popeyes..the important thing is to learn from it. I am coming to realize that eating well is like learning to walk...you fall down, bang your knees, cry a bit, then get back up and go again. I think that is what determines success more than anything, the will power to pick yourself back up and start walking again.
Sebring brought up a good point with a "cheat" meal. I tried the same thing at first, doing one every 2 weeks but after a month when I ate my "cheat" meal it made he horribly sick and now anytime I eat something with alot of sugar/fat/grease I get horrible stomach pains because I'm not used to it anymore. That being said, as of my weigh-in on friday I've now lost 52.2 lbs and I think keeping the weight off, once I reach my goal, is going to be a matter of eating what I'm eat right now most of the time and only having the "goodies" a couple times a week.
Anyway, I started with 150lbs to go and now I have 97.8 lbs to go so...atleast its under 3 digits!

Stacy, hope yall have a great weekend with whatever yall do. I am glad Spidey is doing well on his meds.

BBenson, congrats on the weight loss. I can't weigh till I am down to double digits but for right now my goal is to be under 300. 9 more lbs till 299. I am hoping for 290 before we cruise 8/4.

Well just came in from outside working, kinda felt like a bit of sunstroke. But okay now.

We do 1 cheat meal a week but I think we have decided that we both felt so bad last night that we are going to have a 1 cheat dessert a week or so. Neither 1 of us can handle to grease anymore. YIPEEEE. Maybe that will help with cravings for bad stuff.

I miss you all SO much!!!

I've had so much going on here lately. Cultivating a new relationship :) , working hard, playing hard, great-grandmother is gravely ill :( so going to NJ to see her. It's been a lot going on. I haven't been exercising like I should, but my eating has been pretty ok. I just wanted to check in a let you all know that you're all still in my thoughts and prayers and I hope we get back in here soon with some good reports! I'm going to restart weighing tomorrow and I hope that I've at least maintained what I've lost.

I need to go to the doctor, but my insurance has not kicked in yet from this new job. I want to get my glucose checked because I feel very shaky at times and my hunger is ravenous!!!! This morning I've already had 3 packets of instant oatmeal, a banana, 1 16oz bottle of water and a piece of bread with peanut butter and I'm still hungry!!! My head feels weird like I haven't eaten all day. *sigh*

Anyway, I'll try to check in tomorrow.

Welcome back PJ. So sorry to hear about your Great Grandmother. Hope things keep on track for you!!!!!!1

I finally got my results from the "health fair" at Vicki's work. ALL MY LEVELS WERE WITHIN NORMAL RANGE.!!!! Except for weight and blood pressure, which I already knew. I was SOOOOO excited. One less thing to worry about. And my BP has been dropping since new meds.

Have not been doing to good on foods the last couple of days. Not sure why but gonna have to get back on track. Weighed Friday and was at 308 weighed Monday and was at 310. NOPE NOPE can't have that have to get SERIOUS!!!!!!!!! I must be under 300 before cruise in about 7 1/2 weeks.

Hope you all had a great weekend.!!!!!!!!

Just found this site, and I'm ready to join. I'm 48, 5'7" 261 and need to lose that 100 extra pounds. went to a nutritionist today and I need to get started. high-blood pressure, pre-diabetic, and want to get healthy! I'm going to add this site to my favorites and try to stay in touch. Hopefully I can learn from all of you and help others!

Hi everyone!

I too have 100+ pounds to lose. I started a new regimen this week and I sure hope this time around it works. I have started eating Special K in the morning (without the milk, looking into soy, i hate regular milk by itself), a slim fast shake for lunch, some kind of snack and a sensible dinner (that I will cook and not eat out). I have also started journaling everything. If I get hungry, I just drink a Special K protein water. I love the Kiwi Strawberry. It really works.

I'm going on my first cruise in December. Not sure how much I'll lose or what size I'll wear. I'm thinking by then I should at least be in a bonafide size 18 (current size 22, some 20s). Look forward to chatting with you all on the boards.

Erica

Easysailing- you seem to be in the same boat as me. 100lbs to lose, size 20-22. I went to a dietician and she helped me out. according to my height 5'7", I need to do 45 carbs for each meal, with 3 snacks consisting of 15 carbs, proteins with each meal. She pretty much figured out how many carbs per day and I like to have little snacks to spread out the meals. I started last week and lost 5 lbs. I also got a pedometer and trying to get up to 10000 steps, still have a ways to go, I'm averaging about 7200 right now, but the weather has been terrible at night and no time to walk otherwise. Good luck to you!

Patty

• 2 weeks later...
Wow...let me blow the dust off this thread!!!

I hope that everyone is doing well! I'm doing ok. Haven't really lost or gained anything recently. My Nana passed away a few weeks ago, so I've been dealing with that and just a bunch of other stuff.

Anyway, I hope everyone is making healthy choices. :)

[quote name='patnolen']Easysailing- you seem to be in the same boat as me. 100lbs to lose, size 20-22. I went to a dietician and she helped me out. according to my height 5'7", I need to do 45 carbs for each meal, with 3 snacks consisting of 15 carbs, proteins with each meal. She pretty much figured out how many carbs per day and I like to have little snacks to spread out the meals. I started last week and lost 5 lbs. I also got a pedometer and trying to get up to 10000 steps, still have a ways to go, I'm averaging about 7200 right now, but the weather has been terrible at night and no time to walk otherwise. Good luck to you!

Patty[/quote]

Patty, Good luck to you as well. I went to a dietitian too and put me on the same thing. But you know, that just doesn't work for me. It's hard carb counting. Reminds me of weight watchers with the point counting. I have been researching Atkins and his program makes so much sense. So, I'm going to start Atkins Sunday and try it for a couple of months and see how that goes. I do need to pull myself off bad carbs. I'm a pasta and potato fanatic. I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

PreciousJewel, sorry about your lost. I pray all is well with you and your family.

Erica

• 2 weeks later...
I am going on my first cruise in November and have a ton of weight to take off. I am going to the gym regularly and am watching what I eat but I am 6'2" and a good 385. I want to lose about 140 and will do this buy the end of next year. I refuse to take diet pills or supplements for weight loss and am just going to work my butt off and get healthy. To everyone here, good luck in your loss and remember you can do anything you put your mind too.

good luck Dennis! Is everyone slowly moving toward their goals? I am, to date I've lost 64 lbs! my weight loss has slowed down to 2-3 lbs a week...but thats better than gaining 2-3 lbs a week! So I'll take it!

Hope everyone is finding success

good luck on your venture dennis!!!!!!!!!! keep us posted!!!

BB, way to keep it up, slow and steady wins the race.

I on the other hand have pretty much given up for the moment. This stupid Thyroid problem. can't seem to get the right meds, so it seem pointless to continue to kill myself in the food or workout dept till it gets right. We will see!!!!!!!! Good luck to you all!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. Sorry I have been MIA but life has been moving in fast forward for me. And along with that "fast forward" the weight has packed on FAST! Between my daughters graduation, her graduation CRUISE, orientation at LSU and getting ready for the next CRUISE, I've ignored the diet. Shame on me. But my husband has intervened realizing I was not motivated and pushed me to go back to the gym in the mornings. I went every day this past week and actually enjoyed it by the third day. He says he's going to "put me on a diet" and pack my breakfast and lunch, etc. I would like to try Atkins again. I did it and was very successful years ago but I stopped because a friend kept hounding me about how surely my cholesterol was through the roof blah blah blah. I should have gone and had blood work done to see for myself but didn't. I was afraid of what I would find. Now I see on CNN the other day that Atkins seems to be the ideal diet AND it actually lowered cholesterol. Hmmm, go figure. So, I am going to try that and the gym. Hopefully I can drop some significant weight before the next cruise because we are going to be doing some serious walking and stair climbing!!!

I hope everyone is well and I miss talking to you all. I will try to check in more often. And I know you've got a birthday today Erika!!! Know that I will be thinking of you!!!! Leah, I hope you are enjoying the summer with T and Vic!! Stacy - I think I speak for everyone when I say WE NEED SPIDEY UPDATES!!! You always make me laugh!!

Hugs and smooches to you all!!!

Vic

P.S. I am posting links here to my last cruise in June. My daughter is the little blonde in all the pictures.

[URL]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41547&l=dac28&id=592066497[/URL]

[URL]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41541&l=3eff6&id=592066497[/URL]

[URL]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41540&l=3806b&id=592066497[/URL]

[URL]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41528&l=ce795&id=592066497[/URL]

[URL]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41522&l=2c1ec&id=592066497[/URL]

I realize I am late getting to this thread. however, I just recently booked my next cruise on the Carnival Victory for April 5, 2009. Honestly though, I have not been able to get motivated for going on a diet. I have probably 100+ pounds to lose to be within my goal weight for my age and height (41 and 5ft 2).
I have no idea what diet I am going to do but I am going to a Dr. on Thursday. I will let you know what he says and go from there.
I would really be interested in having someone to keep me accountable.

Hi travel gal, welcome!!!!!!! I will be happy to be your "buddy". there used to be alot of us on here but with summer they have disappeared. I am Leah, and I still need to loose over 100lbs, but have discovered a thyroid problem that we are trying to get straight with meds at the moment. I sail in 12 days but am planning another one for 2010 w/family. So I will make that my goat date!!!!!!!!!!

Please let me know what the doctor says. I am also 41 but I have discovered here recently that I am 5'4" not 5'2" like I have said for years!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, Leah. I am already not looking forward to going to the Dr. tomorrow. But, I suppose it is time to face the music.
While some of the people may have disappeared on this thread because of summer, the truth is, my summer is about to come to a screeching hault. I teach and I go back Monday. the best part about that is being on a schedule and not being at home all day or on vacation. I guess that would be a great day to get serious about dieting. I really need to get healthy.
Thanks again. I will post again after I go to the Dr. tomorrow.
Talk to you then!
Karla

Hey guys! I wanted you to know I went to the Dr. yesterday. Yes, I weighed more than I have ever in my life. He took me off of one medication that could be causing me to lose weight. I also found out that I do need a hysterectomy. I have scheduled that for the week of Thanksgiving. Hopefully, that way, I can go back to work after Christmas if I need more time to recoop.
Also, this way-I have time to go ahead and get motivated and try to lose some weight before then. Does 25 pounds sound realistic to lose before then? I know the more I can get off, then easier my getting back up after surgery.
Then, hopefully after that, I can continue to meet my ultimate goal of 100 pounds. I decided I can't really think like that. That seems so out of reach right now. I just get depressed and mad at myself when I think how I have let myself go...blah blah blah. you know how it is.
I am glad I have someone here that can help motivate me. I go back to school (work) on Monday so that should help too.
How much weight do you think would be a good goal to lose before my cruise April 5, 2009???We are going on the Carnival Victory. I have a group going if anyone is interested. I had one of my friends cancelled and still have the space. 7 islands in 7 days is my kind of cruise. :)
Hope to talk to you soon---about the diet. I hope I can be an encourager to someone too.
Thanks!
Karla

Archived