Wet n Wild is the BEST!! Read why. . .

cruisinhs

I just got back Sunday the 24th from my cruise. I booked with Marvin (cave tubing.) It was the best time I have ever had. Marvin and Charlie are great and they aime to please. I have been gliding, para-sailing, white water rafting, hot air ballooning and many other amazing things in my lifetime but this was the BEST! I dealt with Marvin over e-mail and Charlie was our guide. They were both very professional. A fellow passenger on the cruise, said she had been on three other cave tubing tours including the ship's excursion, X-stream, and Marvin's Wet and Wild. She said by far Wet and Wild was the best and I so agree! Both Marvin and Charlie went the extra steps to make out trip the wonderful. Also the van they had to take us to the tubing site was co much nicer (and clean) which started our trip off on the right foot. The trip also included a really nice lunch for $60. I could'nt have been happier. Hat's off to Marvin and Charlie.

Marvin,

We all really do appreciate your service! Thank you for coming on this board and posting. It shows a true interest on your part to be informed and provide the best service possible. I am glad to hear that you took my advice in using Charlie again! He was an awesome guide!!!!

Cruisinhs and lkaybrewer,

I have been in contact with Marvin about cavetubing with my 3 teenage boys. There is only one thing I am worried about: The Grand Princess is in port from 1 pm - 7 pm. Marvin said we could leave at ~ 1 pm. I am so worried about missing the ship. Do you honestly feel I should be concerned at all? How long were you all in port on your ships? Thanks

lrcruising,

I have a few questions for you because your port time is so different from ours in that we arrived in the morning and left late afternoon. We were there from

9 am - 4 p.m. Since you won't be there until 1 p.m., will there not be a meal involved in your excursion? Obviously it won't be lunch, but I didn't know whether you would do a dinner instead or not at all. Honestly, I think you would be fine because we really took our time and had a really laid back time and were back to port with over an hour to spare. You have one hour less than we had, so it would be a little closer, but depending on the meal situation, we were at the restaurant over an hour as well, so if you don't do that part, you definately have nothing to worry about. I really trust Marvin and they make sure that they do everything they can to make each specific tour what those who are on it want. If you say, we have 6 hours and we want to see it all, but maybe at a little faster pace, that's what you will get and they will have you back on time. Surely you are not the first people to come from this ship and have this time slot. They have never had anyone miss the ship and that says a lot to me.

It does include lunch, but most of their tours go out in the morning, which means you do the cave tubing and then go for lunch on the way back to the pier. In your case, you don't arrive until after lunch, so I didn't know if that would mean you would go for dinner. That's what I was asking.

Mostly flat, inclined at times, never steep. Usually there were steps in places that would have been steep without them. I actually had started having trouble with my hip prior to our cruise and am having physical therapy now and I didn't have any trouble if that tells you anything. Carrying the tube was the most annoying part, but I carried mine across my chest like you might hang a purse to keep it from falling off your shoulder and I found that position comfortable.

OK.. You've done it! After reading this thread, I wouldn't think about going to Belize without going cave tubing with Marvin and Wet n Wild! I just sent in my reservation request.

My only worry is that he won't have room for us. This was a last minute vacation and we'll be in Belize on Nov. 17. Has any one else booked within a two week time frame?

Actually, we booked within a two week period and were so worried that he wouldn't have room for us, but he did. I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are very accomadating! And for the earlier poster who wanted to know how to contact Marvin, the website is www.ecotoursbelize.com and there is a direct link to his personal email on the website. HTH

I just looked on Royal Caribbean's site and read that our ship, the Explorer isn't scheduled to get into Belize until 9am. (we're there from 9am-6pm). Am I right in assuming that there is no way that we would make it for Wet and Wild's cave tubing excursion? If so.........boy am I disappointed! If that's the case, can anyone recommend another VERY GOOD company that offers the excursion. At first we were considering Xtreme until I read all these great posts about Marvin and his company.

Help!

Thanks!

xpreciousp,

no, you have plenty of time to take a tour with Wet n Wild! They usually have tours that leave earlier when there are boats that come in earlier and tours that leave later when the ship comes in later. We arrived in Belize at 9 a.m. and had to be on the last tender at 4:15 p.m. We arrived back from the tour by 3 p.m. so not only an AMAZING experience, but got to shop a little too! Email Marvin from his website and give him your details. He may already have booked others from your ship, etc. He is a super nice guy! HTH Holly

No, no, no. ***** is the one who is self promoting. Wet N Wild is the one who has been around for a long time. Don't get mixed up. I'm sure you will have a lovely time with any of the tours that have been accurately portrayed on this board. :)

What you are reading on these boards about Wet n Wild are true reviews from customers who were extremely pleased with the service they received after using their services. I, for one, am the person who started this thread and used Wet n Wild after reading hundreds of posts. I was so amazed at the service we got in Belize compared to our other ports that I felt it was only right to show my gratitude for making my vacation more enjoyable.

We booked with Marvin in September for a November date. Paid the deposit by VISA and found his booth at the pier. Charlie was our guide and he was awesome! It was everything and more... so I would hazard a guess that for every one 'so-so' story - there are fifty good ones! We were two adults and four kids and we thought Charlie was awesome and loved the excursion. Thanks Marvin!!

Okay, perhaps a dumb question but here goes............

We just bought some really good water shoes, reasonably hard soles. Are these suitable for the cave tubing experience, or should we really be wearing gym shoes instead?

Thanks!

xpreciousp,

You need to be able to walk a forest path for about an hour, a little less, and then when in the water, it really doesn't matter. If you think you will be comfy it will be fine. I wore cheap water shoes, my son wore good ones, my hubby wore old tennies and then chucked them. I think you'll be fine, but only you can judge if you think they're too heavy. ENJOY

I think the water shoes you have sound fine. That is what I wore. The only thing I worried about and you may too, is getting blisters. So, I would wear them around the house maybe for an hour or so and make sure that they are comfortable enough to be worn for a long period of time. Mine were great and they were just cheapies!

I just wanted to post to let everyone know how our Cave Tubing trip went on November 19.

We were a group of 17, traveling together on the Carnival Miracle. We got off of the tender and there was someone wearing a "Paradise by Air" t-shirt, just like it said in Marvin's confirmation email, waiting to take us to Marvin's office in the tourist village (just a few steps from the tender).

We completed the financial arrangements, and Marvin introduced us to Charlie and Junior, who would be our guides for the day. While we were waiting on another couple that were supposed to join us some of the group took the opportunity to shop in the peddler's market set up there while a couple of us just talked to Junior, who was more than willing to answer any and all of our questions.

The bus ride to the rain forest and river was comfortable, and Junior kept us all informed and entertained by sharing his knowledge and views on the history and culture of Belize, and by decribing the countryside we were traveling through.

The hike through the jungle was beautiful - and the tubing is something that you have to experience! Everyone in our group said over and over again how much they enjoyed it - and kept thanking me for "finding" it!

The lunch at Amigo's on the way back was very good - chicken, beans & rice, and cole slaw - and some of us sampled the local beer - very good also. Use the provided Marie Sharp hot sauce sparingly!!! :)

We returned safe, sound, and in time to catch the tender back to the ship (but don't plan on having much time to shop when you get back).

Belize had not been on my list of places to visit for an extended stay, but after this trip it now is. I was very impressed by the country's committment to preserving their beautiful natural resources and for having the foresight to realize what a great asset to the country eco-tourism can be.

I miss floating down that beautiful river already... :(

But I'm anxiously looking forward to my return - and when I do, Marvin will be the one that gets my business!

Augie,

Thank you so much for posting your experience! It brought back very fond memories of our float trip. It was only three months ago and already feels like years. It is amazing how much they are determined to preserve their beautiful land and you could hear the pride in their voices when they talk about their home land.

Archived