booking on ship....

LynandBill

If you book the room on board the deposit is the same as a normal reservation - $900/cabin. You receive an on-board credit which varies depending on the cruise fare per stateroom:

Under $2,500 = $50

$2,500 to $3,999 = $100

$4,000 to $5,999 = $150

$6,000 to $7,499 = $200

$7,500+ = $300

If you want the credit but don't know what room you're booking yet or don't want to put up the deposit you can pay $200 for a certificate that you can apply against the deposit on a future cruise after you get home and still get the on-board credit on the future cruise.

I'm mystified by this thread. We haven't cruised in several years, and I don't understand onboard credit. We're headed to Alaska on a 14-day cruise on the Millenium. Is onboard credit automatically provided by Celebrity, or is it granted as a perk by our TA. There is nothing on our voucher that mentions it. Could someone please clarify?

I'm mystified by this thread. We haven't cruised in several years, and I don't understand onboard credit. We're headed to Alaska on a 14-day cruise on the Millenium. Is onboard credit automatically provided by Celebrity, or is it granted as a perk by our TA. There is nothing on our voucher that mentions it. Could someone please clarify?

Celebrity has a promotion while on board one cruise, that if you book another future cruise, or buy the certificate I mentioned to be applied to a future cruise, then you will get a specified on-board credit on that future cruise. So if you did not book your upcoming cruise while on a prior cruise this thread does not apply to credit you might otherwise receive on your upcoming cruise.

did you know you could get a credit by buying stock in RCCL? You buy 100 shares and get a credit corresponding to the length of your cruise. You can later sell the stock--or hang onto it because you get the credit EACH time you sail one of their ships. Here is the link: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit#4

worked great for us!

Cathy

Archived