I need a tip for my upcoming Spirit trip!

teacher2cruiser

We're leaving in less than a week on NCL's Spirit. I'm thinking from what I've read that Bannister Island is where I'd like my husband and I to spend the day. We're not into water sports of any kind, just interested in a laid back day with beautiful scenery. Is there an excursion with NCL for this, or does anyone have any suggestions? Is there somewhere there to buy souveniers? Is this a spacious place? We had a bad experience at a beach excursion once before where everyone was practically put on top of each other. I'd also like any other tips of things to see at the other stops..........I think someone wrote about waterfalls? On our first cruise we had every minute planned. This time we're really wanting relaxation.

Is there anyone out there that really enjoys staying on the boat? We may do that...........still undecided.

We were there in October. If you want to relax, this is the place for you. We found a spot (over to the left of the pier area) that was shady and peaceful. When we first arrived, there were probably only 30 of us on the island. About 1 or 2 hours later, the snorkel boat arrived, and the island got a little bit noisier and crowded, but never at any time did it get over-crowded.

We just spent the day swimming, exploring, and reading. Wonderful!

Yes, I think there is a little shop that sells souveniers. There is a bar and snackbar area - also, kayaks & paddleboats to rent if you want to do that.

If you look under the NCL shore excursions for Belize, this one is called "Beach Break." The other advantage is that you are picked up directly off the ship - no need to tender in to the city.

We will be on the Spirit on the 1/27 cruise and are planning on going to Bannister Island again. We really liked it there.

Does your itinerary include Roatan? If so, I highly recommend Juan Carlos Rodriguez for your driver. He will take you anywhere you want to go and is totally reliable and trustworthy. Let me know if you want to get in touch with him.

Will be glad to answer any more questions that you might have.

Archived