Bikinis and the middle aged woman!

mindy1957

I am 46 and every year for the last ten I have told my husband it is the last year I will wear a bikini. Well, I am still wearing them. My husband has promised he will tell me when it is time to give it up, but I know I will figure it out on my own.

Although I am still thin, I am not as fit as I once was. I won't exactly scare anyone to death wearing one but I know there are many others who look much better.

My only question this year is should I wear lime green or purple. :D

I say lime green. My lime green one really shows off my tan:D

And I am older then you;)

I don't think any one indicated that they were surgically reshaping their body for a bikini. Obviously there are always going to be sad examples of people that chase the unreachable.

Well -- I was just responding to Gathena's question above:

"What about the middle aged woman and older who has had a ton of plastic surgery just so she can wear the bikini...and it's obvious she is an older woman trying to look young..where does that weigh in? Is that denial that she's old?"

I wasn't suggesting that anyone here is doing it. I also think people should go with what feels appropriate for them abnd be damned what anyone else thinks.

The reality is that on the beach people gawk at either the beach bimbo in the thong or the woman wearing the thong who has no business wearing one.

Most of us fall in between so nobody is going to look at you anyway.

The reality is that on the beach people gawk at either the beach bimbo in the thong or the woman wearing the thong who has no business wearing one.

Most of us fall in between so nobody is going to look at you anyway.

So you are saying if you look good enough in a thong you are a bimbo:confused:

Archived