Best Excurstion in Belize

GatorCane

I will be with a group in Belize and have never been...In your opinion, which is the best tour or site to visit...I was looking at the cave tubing, that seems interesting...Does anyone have any information about if it is exciting or just like a lazy river...Do you hit any rapids where it gets fast or is it mostly slow? Also, for those that have done the ATVing, is the tour long? ANY info on the island about what is the best option will be appreciated...Thank you!

We were in Belize last Thursday and did the cave tubing and atv. The tubing is similar to a lazy river, no rapids, just a leisurely float down the river through the caves. The atvs were a lot of fun. We booked with cave-tubing.com. One thing to remember is that Belize is a tender port and it takes about 15 minutes to get to shore from the ship. We were on NCL, and they let all the ship's excursion people leave first, so when the itinerary says we were in port from 8am-5pm, we couldn't actually get off the ship until 10am, after all the ship excursions left, that was frustrating, especially when my confirmation said that the tours leave at 9:15 and 10:00. But Yhony was great, we finally met up with him at 10:20, and waited another 10-15 minutes for more people to arrive. I'm just glad he waited!

Hi Gator C

We have done cave-tubing also a couple years back while in Belize. It was fun and we highly recommend it. Since we werent on cruise that time we did it twice but different caves. The ones used for cruiseship tours are awesome. It's only a 45 minute ride from the city and the tour company gave us free beer-yeah!.. Look em up: www.tour-belize.net

Archived