Seattle pre and post cruise hotels

CRZGRL

Crzgrl,

We live in Redmond, a Seattle suburb, and stay in Seattle two or three times a year as well as having friends who come into town and stay in Seattle hotels so I can give you recommendations.

First, be careful of buying from a Priceline or other site where you don't see the hotel before buying. Their definition of "downtown" is vastly different from anyone who lives here. I made that mistake once when we wanted to spend the night downtown after attending dinner and theater and the hotel I got was almost further away from downtown than our home.

Your choice really depends on your budget. If you want something close to everything and absolutely fantastic but small boutique hotel (our favorite) try The Inn at the Market. It is literally on top of the Pike Place Market. You can walk anywhere from there. Rooms run about $150-225 a night.

Further downtown we have stayed (or have friends who have stayed) at the Westin, the Sheraton, the W, the Alexis and so much more.

Check out http://seattle.citysearch.com/find/section/seattle/hotels_visitors.html?cslink=topbar_hotels_visitors

and if you find something you have questions about you can either repost here or send me an e-mail and I'll tell you where it is and the reputation. My e-mail is jimbellomo@mac.com Always happy to help a fellow traveler.

Jim in Redmond, WA

if $ is not a concern, there are now two nice hotels right on the waterfront close to the pier and also therefore close to "attractions" such as Pike Place Market and (not that long of a walk uphill) the Space Needle -- the Edgewater and the Marriott (newest). -- TR

We stayed at the Summerfield Suites by Wyndham. It was perhaps a 5-10 min walk to Pikes Place Market. Very nice facility. They have a nice complimentary breakfast in the a.m. (more than just apples and doughnuts). They also have a decent workout facility if that is something you are looking for. We had an "efficiency" room with a small kitchenette and sitting area. We both travel a great deal for work so eating out does not hold the allure for us that it does for many! We prefer quiet meals in. Grab a bottle of wine from the local market and some basic ingredients and we make something simple. Makes for a romantic little evening.

They will provide free transportation to the cruise ship terminal. They also provide free transportation to many of the local attractions.

We had a really good rate ($60), but that was my husband's corporate rate. I believe the regular prices are a bit higher?

Hope this helps!

How about Executive Pacific Plaza Hotel? They advertise a rate of $89 on the Seattle web page. I will try to Summerfield Suites. I am a Wyndham member and can get Gov. rates.

Thanks for all the info.

Love these boards,

Carole

Almost every hotel in downtown Seattle is booked for May 26, the night prior to our cruise. Also, things are booked on June 3rd when we return from our cruise. There are a few very, very expensive hotels. I guess we will try to stay at the airport and do the Seattle tour through the ship when we get back. Any suggestions for places at the airport? Do any have comp shuttle to cruise port like Miami and Ft. Lauderdale?

Thanks,

Carole

Archived