Venice Help

Hi all! Ok, Ok, I know I could search but let's face it - I'm lazy!!! :p Looking for a cheap (for Venice - HA!) bed and breakfast for one night. Doesn't have to be fancy....just safe and clean!! Help me out!

Italy and cheap are not really compatible words. I didn't find anything cheap in Venice at all. Mestre (Hotel Bologna and Golden Tulip Tritone) were the most reasonable at about $150-200. Anything in Venice proper goes up from there.

www.venere.com is a nice site to check out because they have a map showing the locations, as well as photos and reviews of the hotels. www.tripadvisor.com also gives reviews.

I settled for Hotel Ca'Doge in Piazzale Roma (the transportation hub) for Venice. It was around $240 but for the convenience of shuttle to the pier, and bus to the airport and a vaporetto stop, and no stairs or bridges to cross, decided to pay the $50 extra.

Good luck on finding a hotel that meets your needs and your pocketbook.

Have a great cruise.

Hi all! Ok, Ok, I know I could search but let's face it - I'm lazy!!! :p Looking for a cheap (for Venice - HA!) bed and breakfast for one night. Doesn't have to be fancy....just safe and clean!! Help me out!

I booked Hotel Dalla Mora (a one-star, but good reviews) for a one day pre-cruise stay in June for 100 euros. Here's their website:http://www.hoteldallamora.it/

Hi bella1979,

If you don't mind walking I recommend B&B Sandra, the website is http://www.bbalessandra.com, it is on a back canal about a 20 minute walk from Piazza San Marco. DH and I stayed with her in Oct 2006 and loved, Loved, LOVED her home. Her rates are about 110 euros to 130 eros per night. Check out her website, I can HIGHLY recommend her. (Please note** her condo is on the third & fourth floors with no elevator so you will need to be able to negotiate those stairs.)

Have a great trip:-)

Diane

Archived