WHO TAKES CARE OF YOUR PETS WHILE YOU ARE CRUISING  

106 members have voted

1. 1. WHO TAKES CARE OF YOUR PETS WHILE YOU ARE CRUISING

• Family Members
    • In-House Pet Sitters
    • Drop-In Care Givers
    • My Veterinarian
    • The Pets Are On Their Own

We have a new puppy (Cavalier King Charles) and plan to board her at a kennel that we're familiar with. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) our next cruise isn't for another year so she will be old enough by then for us to feel comfortable leaving her for that long (we'll be gone 11 days).

We will take a few shorter trips before then and plan to introduce the boarding kennel to her for shorter stays so she gets used to staying there and knowing we'll be back.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the 22-year old daughter of a friend of a friend who stays overnight with our cat and dog. I pay her over $10/day (example $120 for being away 10 days), she has use of anything in the house. We bribe her with HoHos. I think she actually enjoys being here, away from the hustle and bustle of her family

We're so lucky to have found a woman who boards pets in her home as a business. She specializes in labs and the dogs have free access to much of her home, including their own sofas and beds. She has 4 large separate fenced areas in her yard and she also has access to 700 acres that she takes the dogs for leashless walks (with permission of course). She also has a pond where she takes the swimmers (while someone stays home with the nonswimmers) for sometimes 8 hours a day (she takes a tent and sits in the shade while they play. It's an absolutely fabulous place, and our boys have a grand time there and come home dirty and tired.

My Boston Terrier goes to a kennel and I have neighbors come in and check on my cat. The cat would never tolarate a kennel. So I levave lots of food and water and extra litter boxes, ( Uaually extra as in the big aluminum roasting pans, that I can just toss when I get home.) My neighbor that watchs the house just checkes in on her a couple times to make sure she still has food and water.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived