The Wedding Experience - Help!!

cmofames

My wedding is planned for 2/4/08 aboard the Caribbean Princess. I was suppose to be contacted by the Wedding Experience 60 days prior. They did not contact me so I emailed them before Christmas. I received a response saying that they would contact me by the end of the week. I did not get a response. I have emailed, called and left messages and they have not gotten back to me. I cannot reach a person! Has anyone else had this experience? I have 9 other people booked on the cruise specifically for the wedding. I am SO worried.

someone give me hope....:confused:

Don't worry!! In fact, I just got off the phone with TWE for the same reason -- but my wedding is 2 weeks from today!!! I was told I would be contacted by the end of the week. I am not exactly happy with this but they assured me the time is set at 3:30 -- the location has yet to be determined which I am not happy about but seems that it will be the chapel as there is only one other wedding that day 4 hours prior to mine. When i asked about a month ago about the 60 day time frame I was told it was more like 3 weeks....Jackie has been very helpful -- if you call ask for her - I am sure she'll set your mind at ease!

I'm getting married aboard the Norwegian Jewel in March 2008, and I've been dealing with The Wedding Experience also. I haven't had any problems getting ahold of someone to talk to when I call - Cassandra answers the phone every time. I wouldn't bother emailing, always call during their business hours, and just keep trying back until someone answers.

Our wedding was Sept 15th '07, Harborside onboard the Diamond Princess. We too were stressed about the cutoff dates etc. Everything your read in the brochure is just a guideline. We had 80 onboard guests with 20 of them sailing, TWE required all the names in within 45 days but were still addiing and changing them 2 weeks prior. Because the Wedding Experience is the wharehouse of weddings all of the answers to our questions were very generic, nothing was for sure. It was a little hard to communicate information to our guests when everything was so generic.."except in St Martin" some of our paperwork said. (We got married in Vancouver BC). We too made many calls back and forth and emails back and forth to Miami. They didn't always respond but we understood as they are the Wedding wharehouse. In the end Everything turned out beautifully and our guests loved it. We had the wedding service and cocktail reception in the Wheelhouse bar because the chaple only held 36 people. It looked great. Princess did a fabulous job serving the drinks during our 1hr open bar. More drinks than everyone could drink, lots of food, spectacular presentation. We booked the Photo package which included the negs on CD. Better deal as they actually took about 300 pictures. We added a piano player to the reception which was very classy. All in all eveything was perfect...except for the bridal procession.. They played the wrong song !!!!! We didn't stress about it that day becasue what could we do ? Afterwards, 3 months later, neither the Wedding Experience or Princess Cruises will take responsability for the error. The Wedding Experience told us it was a non-tangeable item and would not be compensated. Princess told us that although everything took place on their vessel, all the particulars of the wedding are handled by their contractor. It's pretty frustrating becasue they are not Princess Cruises and therfore if there is a screwup don't expect anything from the cruiseline itself. I guess contracting it out is insurance for the cruiselines. Besides the little messup with the music it was only the bride and the groom who noticed and everything else for our Diamond Princess Wedding was Awesome. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. A&S

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting married aboard the Crown Princess at 3:30pm February 10,2008. Tia our wedding coord. got pnumonia and we finally received a final call January 25th!

Tia and Genette were great but were not pleased with two other coordinators. There follow up-level of detail leaves alot to be desired. Watch there prices as they have increased the piano player from $80 to $200 and there premiun bar prices went up as well. They now offer a canvas portrait versus the wedding album.

We are having a reception for 10 with a two tier cake with flowers and tuxedo/bride strawberries.

we submitted sheet music to be played at our reception and listed suggested photo locations we would like to have done.

The on board wedding coord Geema will meet with us when we arrive on board to review all of TWE details.

I am marrying my childhood sweetheart who I have known for 42 years!!!!

We are soo excited!!!!!!

Archived