Booking soon for late 2009...

MamaParrotHead

I'm assuming it's safe to say that Costa Maya will be up and running by then, if at all. Carnival's itinerary is stating that at this time anyway.

If not, I do have excursions picked out for Roatan/Freeport. If it proves to be true, I'm looking for things to do in Costa Maya (I all ready have Nassau excursions nailed). We'll be a diverse group (probably atleast 10-12 people, ranging in ages from 4-84). For the most part, we're making this cruise an "inexpensive, park-it-on-the-beach" trip. From the limited things I've heard, the beach area right at the pier is nice, and has a pool. Is this true? What else is there? Does anyone have pre-hurricane pictures? Also, how is/was the snorkeling off the beach?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Mahahual ( Costa Maya). Pier is 60% complete and should be ready before Sept.08. Working on town 24 hours a day. Their are small eco-beach resort that will allow cruise passengers to use facilities. Much nicer than staying at the cruise terminal. One is Maya Luna and another is Balamku, but not sure if they take day beachers. But much quieter and beautiful beaches. Tequila Beach Club is in town and is a Margaritaville type of place if thats what you want. Very crowded but can purchase all you can drink passes. The terminal, after the tours get back, is packed and loud, and very expensive. The pool is salt water, but still fun. We normally go to a private beach and then spend the last hour or so at the terminal pool with the crazies. If you like beaches and small towns, this will be your best stop of the cruise.

Archived