Chadwicks-do they run small?

WeirdEyes

Hello ladies! I normally wear a size 12, but according to the Chadwick's size chart, I'd need a size 14 just for my waist. Do they seem to run small? They have some cute pants that I want to order and they are on sale for $19 if you buy 2 or more!!! :D I ordered two blazers from them last year in a size 12 and they fit. Thanks!!!!

Thanks ladies! I'll guess I'll be ordering a size 14...darn it! I know it is just a number, but I HATE having to go up a size when I've worked so hard to go down. ;)

Hiya WeirdEyes,

(Even though you explained why you have that name, everytime I read it I

always think of a Marilyn Manson type thing.:eek: :p)

Using their measurement guides I was a size 14 (I'm normally a 12) so I ordered

14, was then told by people on another thread that they run small, needless to

say I was a little nervous. Turns out the pants (casual) were all very roomy. I

could have gotten away with a size 12. Tops were pretty much correctly sized.

I hope all turns out well.

They also run a bit "short". I'm 5'9" tall and have been VERY disappointed with them. Don't get me wrong, their clothing is very nice, but it's all made for someone who's about 5'4" to 5'6" tall. I have a 32" pant inseam and was hard pressed to find any pair of pants in their catalog with an inseam greater than 30". They DID carry 29" inseam pants for petites, though. :rolleyes: This was back in the mid 90's. It's entirely possible they've altered their clothing line somewhat.

Thanks for all of your replies. I finally decided not to order anything since I'm so picky about fit. I went to TJ Maxx and several other stores to buy pants & tops. I did very well on price. I got 3 pairs of pant, 2 pairs of jeans, and 4 tops for around $150. I'm not finished yet. There is the most adorable sweater at Dillards that I have my eye on, but it is $36. I'm such a spend thrift when it comes to clothes. However, I absolutely LOVE it. My b'day is next month and since it is my 40th, I figure I'll get lots of money so I'll probably buy it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing the 4 night Sovereign on RCI. It is our first cruise.

I am looking at dresses from Chadwicks like:

2105-32073-1012

2105-07031-1123

2105-04945-1012

2105-03038-1087

2105-48371-1012

2105-35856-1012

I just want to wear what's appropriate but its hard to get a good idea if you have never been.

Thank you,

Maggie

I ended up ordering 3 dresses:

2103_08638_dt.jpg2103_04179_dt.jpg

Both in black and both $19.99 (I had a 50% off coupon for the 1st one that was $39.99).

2105_35855_dt.jpg

I ordered this one in light blue (haze) and it was $9.99. I may wear this one the first day with a sweater.

Thanks for your help.

Maggie

Archived