Transfers...same as taxi?

singjenn

Hello everyone! I have just over 1 month til our vacation. I booked our flights today, but I have some questions about transfers to/from ship.

From the airport to the ship...do we have to wait until the bus fills up there? Or is it just at the ship? Does someone from Carnival actually pick us up?

To the airport....are the taxis lined up waiting??? Is it hard to get one to the airport?

Is it cheaper to take taxis to the ship or do we risk not getting one?

I have never flown to a cruise before, so this part is new to me. Thanks everyone!

You will have to wait in both directions. At both the ship/airport, there will be cabs...and more cabs. In many--but not all--cases a cab will be cheaper/about the same price. Where are you going, how many will ber in your party? FYI: If you booked your air thru Carnival...transfers are included in the price. If you booked independently, you can still buy transfers

We booked our cruise and air through Carnival and what we had for a "transfer" is that when we got to Baggage Claim, there were Carnival people there in red jackets with Carnival Signs. We found the one for the Liberty, she gave us a number along with all the others there waiting for the Liberty. They brought us out to a bus, we boarded and left almost immediately for the ship. In FLL it's only about a mile away, you can actually see the ships from the airport. It was quick and easy! Same for the return to the airport. Bus was waiting, we got on and were brought to the airport.

Hello everyone! I have just over 1 month til our vacation. I booked our flights today, but I have some questions about transfers to/from ship.

From the airport to the ship...do we have to wait until the bus fills up there? Or is it just at the ship? Does someone from Carnival actually pick us up?

To the airport....are the taxis lined up waiting??? Is it hard to get one to the airport?

Is it cheaper to take taxis to the ship or do we risk not getting one?

I have never flown to a cruise before, so this part is new to me. Thanks everyone!

Many times you will have to wait until the bus is filled up before being transferred to the ship...."Cattle Call" !!!

Taxis will be more cost effective and quicker. They are readily available at the airport and the pier. Taxi is the way on this one !

We have done both the transfers and the taxi. We much prefer the taxi. It seems like our flight was always coming in before the first transfer left and then we never seemed to have gotten on the first transfer which meant we were left waiting at the airport even longer. Plus with the transfers you are herded on and herded off which I really don't like.

We've used taxis in Miami and in San Juan and much prefer that way. The taxis are always sitting ready outside the airport at baggage claim and they are usually a good bit cheaper for the two of us to take and they drop us off right at the terminal at practically the same place as the transfer bus.

I would also suggest taking a taxi. We had an early flight into Ft Lauderdale in December. There were a ton of taxis waiting outside the airport and from what I recall, the price was pretty much the same, if not cheaper, than buying the transfers from Carnival.

Have a great trip!

Archived