Question about Smoking in cabins..

hardingk

I know that 1/2 ship is for smoking and 1/2 is moke free; however, does that apply to the cabins as well? We recently sailed on the Legend and the Enchantment and were in cabins 8552 and 8550. Both rooms when we boarded smelt like stale smoke and had ashtrays. Is the starboard side the smoking side and that all cabins on the starboard side are smoking rooms? As a non-smoker, the smell of stale smoking is gross.

Thanks

Not sure where this info about 1/2 the ship being smoking comes from. Smoking is allowed in any cabin. Smoking is allowed on deck as well, though smokers are encouraged to smoke in designated areas, typically on one side of the ship. I don't recall if there was smoking in the lounges, but I believe there was. No smoking in dining areas, theater etc.

Somebody gave you some wrong info. Ships aren't divided 1/2 and 1/2 for smoking and non-smoking. All cabins and certain areas of the ship are designated for smoking, everything else is non-smoking. You can usually find which areas are smoking in your daily newsletter, at least we did on Carnival. Did you call the steward to freshen your room? I've never had a cabin where you could smell stale smoke before. They should have it cleaned better than yours. Maybe where you got the 1/2 and 1/2 is that the Lido deck is the one where they allow smoking on one side but not the other. :)

Had the same problem on our NOS sailing last year. Called the steward and all was taken care of. Being a former hotel general manager, there are machines called o-zone that destroy ALL stale odors from rooms. If you would have called, I am sure that the cruiseline does have one of these machines. Takes about 30 minutes since the size of the cabins are not that large.

It is only in the public areas..........like the pool area where one side of the ship is smoking and the other side is non smoking..........there is no provision for the cabins........

The pool deck and outdoor promenade are usually divided half and half, with smoking on one side and non-smoking on the other. Most of the lounges are similarly divided. The dining areas and theatre(s) are all non-smoking. Smoking is allowed in all cabins and on all balconies.

Next time have your cabin steward give the stateroom a good scrub down and get rid of the ashtrays if there's a lingering smoke odor. (Yuck!)
I'm sorry you experienced that. It should have been taken care of before you boarded.

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."
-Marcus Aurelius Antonius

Archived