Best Cruise Line for Kids?H

craftycountrymom

Hi. My name is Jessica and I have been on three cruises. Carnival Ecstasy(09/95), Carnival Fantasy(04/99) and most recently with my two girls ( 5 and 7) Disney Wonder (12/07). I have enjoyed all the cruises although when my husband and I were on our honeymoon on the Carnival Fantasy, the Disney Cruise ship was parked next to us in Nassau and they seemed to be having a great party. We all loved the excitement and high energy of the Disney staff, although it was a bit more expensive then other cruises,. My children only spent a total of 5 hours in the kids club on Disney and the rest of the time they were with us, but it was fun being able to go to all the parties with them.

With that all being said, my question is....what other cruise line would you recommend for a family without it being as costly as Disney? We like having the clubs, but the entertainment is important to. Thanks in advance! Jess

Everyone is going to push their favorite line. Since I've now deserted my favorite line well I guess I'm looking for one too. I'll tell you what I know. First you've only been on Carnival's older ships (not that I'm one to talk). I would suggest Carnival's newer ships. I'm trying the Splendor which starts sailing in July. It looks like there is so much to do on that ship and so many options that everyone should have a good time.. Princess is another good cruise line. Everyone seems to like there kids program and I found there service to be better then good. I wasn't thrilled with their food but my husband liked it. The only thing I didn't like was having a different waiter every night. I've never taken RCCL but people here seem to love that one as well. There you have ice rinks, and rock climbing walls and can go surfing and that's just the activity things. These are the lines that probably have the most options on a ship.

Here is a link to ships by year built 2005 and beyond. Not totally accurate with future ships but I'm sure it's just that it hasn't been kept up to date. http://www.cruise-links.com/NewCruiseShips.htm (I don't think this is a TA site)

Here is a link to future ships on order: http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=167

Archived