Infants & Food

Yurick

Hi there,

We will be sailing on the Pearl with out 10 month old daughter. She has begone to eat table food, but still is not completely there. Just wondering what NCL offers in terms of baby food. And what have other people done in the past?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I traveled with my 8 month old on the Star this past July. I fed him yogurt from the buffet every morning. However for other meals I brought baby food. I had one whole suitcase dedicated to diapers, wipes, food, bottles and formula for him. I over prepared and brought much more food than I needed but just wanted to be prepared. There were some things that he ate from my plate off the menu or buffet but mostly I stuck with the baby food I brought. Hope this helps.

no baby food (except yogurt, oatmeal and the like)

we took our 10 month old on the sun last december and i brought alkong a mini food processor (10-15 bucks from target) i went to the buffet and got some from of potato (like mashed) a veggie, maybe a little meat and either added milk or apple sauce and , presto baby food!

saved me from having to bring 100 little jars! hope this helps :)

I am sailing with my daughter who will be 11 months old. I know about the yogurt and oatmeal which she can eat for breakfast. To prepare her I have recently started giving her yogurt so she gets used to it. The previous post about the food processer is very good. My daughter still does not have teeth and is limited to what she can actually eat but mashing everything up should be good. I am bringing jars of baby food to be on the safe side. 2 per day should be good and plenty of formula. She will be close to 12 months and technically could come off of it but I don't want to have to deal with keeping milk cool so I'm going to keep with the formula it is easier. NCL told me you can bring all baby items on board and it will be no problem. Including: cheerios, crackers, apple juice, jar food and baby cereal. The only thing they said I might have a problem with is water because they have it available for purchase on the ship. But I'm going to take my chances because of the price I'll try to smuggle it on board.

if you haven't already, check out the family cruising boards

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

i never had kids and still read that forum, great information.

you won't need to smuggle water, many of us take bottle water in our luggage. the tap water is cleaner then the water in my apartment, but i take a few bottles for excursions.

mich - plenty of cereal and crackers and juice on board (so you can save a little room) and we took our son on at 6 mos and 10 mos and they let us bring water with the powedered formula no problem. nobodies going to stop a parent of an infant from brinign water onboard, don't sweat it!

they were very kind to get us things that weren't out (ie: juice in the afternoon or a banana or yogurt late in the day).

have fun!

I've never sailed NCL with an infant, but have sailed Princess and RCCL. Princess will provide baby food for you (you need to make arrangements in advance), but RCCL won't. You may want to call NCL and see if they will supply it. The staff on board our RCCL ship very cheerfully offered to puree food on the menus for me if I wanted (fruits and veggies are easy to do) - I wish I had known that in advance, so see if that may be the case. It would really cut down on what you would need to bring.

My 11 month old (who was a big baby food eater) really enjoyed many of the soups, chewing on breadsticks and was a big fan of scrambled eggs by the time we got off the ship.

If it was my child, I would bring everything that I would need from home. To get on the ship and they not have something would be a disaster. Also, not know what they may or maynot be allergic to could be a problem. Play it safe and bring all the food from home.

A little blender with the mini cups works really well also. From Walmart... some blenders come with the small containers (3-4 per blender)...they have sealed lids you can store or take with you.

We picked items off the menu my son enjoyed...blended... presto... no problem anywhere!

Have a wonderful time. :)

Archived