ALASKA - Star from Seattle

racepoint

I've had our Alaskan cruise on the STAR (July '08) reserved for a couple of months now, and am looking for your opinions on where to book a hotel, pre-cruise, for 1-2 nights. I'm pretty sure I want "Downtown Seattle" but the budget doesn't allow for $300+/nt. Can you tell me where you've stayed mid-summer for $200/under in a nice, comfortable hotel? (I have no problem with trying Priceline. Just need some pointers.)

The Alexis looks great, but at $300/plus per night, is out of my budget. I'm looking for some tips on a $200/or under, comfortable, safe hotel in the downtown area in JULY (that's the key). It's just my husband and I (anniversary cruise) and we're easy to please. Just don't want to get into something in a "bad" neighborhood . . . and don't want to spend a ton;)

Hey...

The Andra.. It's a few blocks from the port. You can walk to Pike's Place Market.

In the Andra is Lola, a restaurant of Tom Douglas.

check him out on the internet. http://www.tomdouglas.com He owns 4-5 restaurants in Seattle. Etta's is by Pike's Place... a great restaurant of his.

You can take the monorail to the space needle from the hotel!!!

We were there in July and also stayed in the Hampton Inn. We walked to the space needle from there and if I had not had 2 little ones with me I would have walked to pike market but since there were a lot of hills I opted the bus to pike market. The hotel was clean and nice, I would stay there again. Hope this helps. Enjoy the Star. We loved our trip on the Star to Alaska.

Archived