Vancouver Hotel advice

TMS9539

We are going to be in Vancouver pre-cruise this August. We are only going to be there for one day, and have decided to spend it in Stanley Park. Does anyone know of a decent, reasonably priced hotel within walking distance to Stanley Park?

I'm considering the Times Square Suites if I can't find something else, but would prefer a more traditional hotel. Thanks.

The Times Square Suites looks nice with a wonderful rooftop view of Coal Harbour. If you want something looking out over English Bay, I suggest the Sylvia Hotel. Might be a little more noise with traffic, but nice style and about the same $$ as TSS. The Sylvia is closer to the South Entrance to Stanley Park, but it is a loop and if you are walking or cycling, you will get to the aquarium and Coal Harbour eventually, or go the Coal Harbour entrance and end up at your hotel. There are lots of hotels down the west end of Robson, but you are already on the right track!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Mike

PG 2001, 2004

Try for the Westin Bayshore - it is located near the main entrance to Stanley Park - go out the door and you are on the Seawall and in a few minutes you are in the Park - there is also a free shuttle bus that you can use to see the park - it's a big park over 1000 acres which makes it larger than Central Park - although most of the major attractions are near this entrance.

Click on this link - it shows the location of most of the downtown hotels:

http://www.hotelsbythepier.com/index2.php?pier=vancouver-canada-place

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

My wife and I LOVED the Times Square Suites. If we go to Vancouver again, we will DEFINITELY stay there. Our next visit will be for more than one night too. One of my favorite hotels probably because it is not a traditional massive hotel where you get lost among the throngs of people. Bojangles, the restaurant below the hotel was a real find too. Regardless, have a wonderful trip.:D

Archived